Q&A With Chef Mario Batali
We are excited to announce that coming to the ChefTalk.com forums on May 11th, 2010, is super Chef Mario Batali for an exciting one day Q&A forum. The forum will open Sunday, May 9th, 2010, for questions and Mario Batali will join us on Tuesday, May 11th, 2010 to answer as many questions as he is able.
Post your question in the forum and you will automatically be entered to win one of 5 copies of Mario's new book, "Molto Gusto Easy Italian Cooking." Winners will be randomly picked and announced after the forum.
Once the forum is open for questions we will send out a reminder email so be sure to look for the announcement. Don't miss this once in a lifetime opportunity to ask Mario Batali your cooking question.
Featured Industry Insider: MadCowCutlery.com
We are pleased to announce our very first Industry Insider, Mad Cow Cutlery. What is an Industry Insider? They are a special expert in the ChefTalk.com Forums on hand to answer your questions about their area of expertise. In the case of Mad Cow Cutlery, they are happy to answer any questions you have about choosing the right knives. Look for more industry insiders at ChefTalk.com soon!
A lot of people that really love food, like talking about it online. If that weren't the case, cheftalk.com might be reduced to just a professional discussion board with a post a day discussing the latest professional equipment, or religiously zealous debates over which knife manufacturer is superior. So to fulfill this need, many have turned to online blogging, or something like cheftalk, where they can go and share with others their unique take on food. One thing is certain, images go a very long way toward expressing those food experiences. I wanted to take a moment to share with others a few pointers for doing food photography at home; hoping it will give you a new voice, one with visuals as enticing as your words!
More great articles
- Maple Syrup Springs Golden Elixir
- Featured Chef - Jody Adams - Top Chef Masters compeditor Jody Adams talks to GlobalChefs
- Four Guys and Bottle of Wine - Malbec's tested and tasted.
- Healthy Grilled Shrimp with Apple Celery Salad - Jeremy Emmerson's quick, healthy entree recipe that's under 400 calories
- We Pour More On Wine - Southwest Florida: The Place for Sunshine and Winemaking?
- Truffles Earth’s Black Diamonds by: Annemie Dedulle & Toni de Coninck
- One Pot French: More Than 100 Easy, Authentic Recipes by: Jean-Pierre Challet
- The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Recipes from an Accidental Country Girl by: Ree Drummond
- One Pot Italian: More Than 85 Easy, Authentic Recipes by: Massimo Capra
Victorinox 8-Inch Chef's Knife, Black Fibrox Handle
The previous review is actually very good, but I felt it was a little enthusiastic. If it's a four or five star knife, what are Masamotos, Tadatsunas, and Kikuichis? Yes, Forschner Fibrox is an excellent knife for the price, but price aside, the chef's knives are just okay.
Generally, everything about the Fibrox and Rosewood lines (same except for the handle material) is generally "good to excellent for the price." Two happy exceptions are the butchering knives which are the industry standard; and many of the parers.... Full Review
More Great Product Reviews
- RH Forschner Rosewood Bread Knife 10.25"
- KitchenAid KV25GOXMC Professional 5 Plus 5-Quart Stand Mixer, Metallic Chrome
- All-Clad Stainless 3-Quart Saute Pan with Loop
- All-Clad Stainless 1-Quart Saucier Pan
GlassDharma glass straws are a well-crafted addition to your overall
beverage experience. While not only conserving plastic and being more
organic in application, they also bring a level of class and
sophistication to an everyday drink... and are totally worth it!
Other Beverage Reviews:
Here are a few extra pieces you shouldn't miss:
- Hit the GlobalChefs blog and find out what's happening in the culinary world.