Typically this is a small bundle of herbs that is tied with string. Herbs that are most commonly used are; bay leaf, parsley, thyme, and other aromatic herbs. A bouquet is generally used in the preparation of stocks and sauces to enhance flavor.
Related Forum Threads
- culinary student needs help identifing french term Last post on 9/28/10 at 11:29am in Food & Cooking
- Bechamel Sauce Last post on 3/27/15 at 6:41am in Food & Cooking
- Preserved chillis - how do I do? Last post on 5/6/10 at 10:13am in Food & Cooking
- what does DECONSTRUCTED mean? Last post on 12/1/14 at 2:40pm in Food & Cooking
- Le Poêler - cooking technique Last post on 11/16/14 at 10:14am in Food & Cooking
Currently, there are 259 Active Users (12 Members and 247 Guests)
- › What Did You Have For Dessert? 16 minutes ago
- › Iselandic knife 21 minutes ago
- › March 2015 Challenge: MINCE 32 minutes ago
- › April 2015 Challenge: Seafood 45 minutes ago
- › Newbie - needing advice for cooking 1 hour, 14 minutes ago
- › What did you have for dinner? 1 hour, 28 minutes ago
- › OMG what did I do :*( braised short ribs disaster 1 hour, 38 minutes ago
- › buying a knife need some suggestions 1 hour, 52 minutes ago
- › Advice on knife purchases... stepping up? 2 hours, 33 minutes ago
- › Hey, new here Im a lover of rustic, country and mountain style cusine 2 hours, 45 minutes ago
- › The Coconut Miracle Cookbook: Over 400 Recipes to Boost Your Health... by Cami
- › Cuisinart CSB-76W SmartStick 200-Watt Immersion Hand Blender, White by Nicko
- › By Lucy Waverman The Flavour Principle: Enticing Your Senses with... by Cami
- › Coffee Gives Me Superpowers: An Illustrated Book about the Most... by Jim Berman
- › OXO Good Grips Potato Ricer by eastshores
- › The Vegetarian Flavor Bible: The Essential Guide to Culinary... by Jim Berman
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by JasonRoBear
- › Camp Chef True Seasoned 14-Inch Cast Iron Pizza Pan by phatch
- › Lodge Pro-Logic P14P3 Cast Iron Pizza Pan, Black, 14-inch by phatch
- › Presto 06626 11 inch Electric Skillet w/glass lid by OregonYeti
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part III ...
- › Cutting Bell Peppers: The Elegant Solution
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part II ...
- › The Unsung Heroes of the Kitchen
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part I An...
- › Mentoring New Cooks
- › Leaving the Business: The Dark Side
- › Infiltrating The Kitchen!
- › Perfect Choux Pastry
- › The Secret to a Sexy Fettuccine Alfredo