The French word for a skewer. Anything that is served "en brochette" refers to that fact that it is cooked on a skewer, usually being sautéed or grilled.
Related Forum Threads
- culinary student needs help identifing french term Last post on 9/28/10 at 11:29am in Food & Cooking
- Bechamel Sauce Last post on 3/27/15 at 6:41am in Food & Cooking
- Preserved chillis - how do I do? Last post on 5/6/10 at 10:13am in Food & Cooking
- what does DECONSTRUCTED mean? Last post on 12/1/14 at 2:40pm in Food & Cooking
- Le Poêler - cooking technique Last post on 11/16/14 at 10:14am in Food & Cooking
Currently, there are 244 Active Users (3 Members and 241 Guests)
- › Tamagoyaki shelf life 24 minutes ago
- › "Gravy" or "sauce"? 47 minutes ago
- › Equipment for sandwich restaurant 1 hour, 5 minutes ago
- › Miyabi Kaizen knives 2 hours, 26 minutes ago
- › Noob questions on a recommendation for Japanese knives. 2 hours, 31 minutes ago
- › the low down on film set catering 2 hours, 34 minutes ago
- › Leftover juices, lemon, garlic and thyme 2 hours, 51 minutes ago
- › Plain Food to Great food 3 hours, 7 minutes ago
- › Desserts from the 1960's ? 3 hours, 32 minutes ago
- › Relocating to Texas- College Station area (Texas A&M) looking for... 3 hours, 49 minutes ago
- › Escoffier Online International Culinary Academy by Anthony Eugenio
- › Chinese Garnishes / Adornos Chinos: With Platter Arrangements / Con... by MillionsKnives
- › Mercer Cutlery Genesis 8-Inch Chef's Knife by harrisonh
- › Umami: The Fifth Taste by ChefTorres87
- › J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College by the1culinarykid
- › UNLV William F. Harrah College of Hotel Administration by harrisonh
- › Oregon Culinary Institute by Carrie'
- › Le Cordon Bleu USA by wangxing
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by Chef B
- › Heat: An Amateur's Adventures as Kitchen Slave, Line Cook,... by Joe Banneke
- › What does Shake Shack's ChickenStack...
- › On the Road with Dega Catering and the Dave...
- › Fourth of July: What Would George Eat?
- › How to add a culinary school to ChefTalk.com
- › Culinary School Review Contest
- › The Strain Gauge: The Heart of the Digital Scale
- › Cutting Board Review Contest
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part IV ...
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part III ...
- › Cutting Bell Peppers: The Elegant Solution