Part of the hard-shell or quahog clam family. It's shell is grayish white in color, has an oval shape, and a purplish border around it's ventral margin. Typically it is around 21/2 to 3 inches in width. Often used for clam fritters or stuffed clams.
Related Forum Threads
- culinary student needs help identifing french term Last post on 9/28/10 at 11:29am in Food & Cooking
- Bechamel Sauce Last post on 3/27/15 at 6:41am in Food & Cooking
- Preserved chillis - how do I do? Last post on 5/6/10 at 10:13am in Food & Cooking
- what does DECONSTRUCTED mean? Last post on 12/1/14 at 2:40pm in Food & Cooking
- Le Poêler - cooking technique Last post on 11/16/14 at 10:14am in Food & Cooking
Currently, there are 251 Active Users (3 Members and 248 Guests)
- › Chef shortages ??? 11 minutes ago
- › August 2015 Challenge - Eggplant 12 minutes ago
- › Knife Sharpening ... what am I doing wrong 34 minutes ago
- › What's the standard % for bonus? 1 hour, 59 minutes ago
- › Would cheese go well with roasted peppers and eggplant? 1 hour, 59 minutes ago
- › My home ec exam 3 hours, 23 minutes ago
- › How to study/memorize a menu for job. 5 hours, 8 minutes ago
- › Cruise Ship Kitchen (video) 5 hours, 32 minutes ago
- › Any good guide for to start growing stuff? 5 hours, 49 minutes ago
- › Do you go on instinct during a service? 6 hours, 3 minutes ago
- › The Art Institute of California - San Francisco by stevenvhayden
- › Le Cordon Bleu USA by flacook
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by MichaelJKane
- › Pop Up Grill Barbecue portable télescopique 280 mm by Pete
- › HRC Culinary Academy, Bulgaria by konvict
- › Escoffier Online International Culinary Academy by Anthony Eugenio
- › Chinese Garnishes / Adornos Chinos: With Platter Arrangements / Con... by MillionsKnives
- › Mercer Cutlery Genesis 8-Inch Chef's Knife by harrisonh
- › Umami: The Fifth Taste by ChefTorres87
- › J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College by the1culinarykid
- › Pineapple How To
- › Family Meal: Feeding the Crew on the Cheap
- › Restaurant Menus: The chorus of the kitchen
- › Kitchen Technology: Internet of Things is Not...
- › Managing the Management: How Cooks Can Cope
- › True Cooks
- › What does Shake Shack's ChickenStack...
- › On the Road with Dega Catering and the Dave...
- › Fourth of July: What Would George Eat?
- › How to add a culinary school to ChefTalk.com