Part of the hard-shell or quahog clam family. It's shell is grayish white in color, has an oval shape, and a purplish border around it's ventral margin. Typically it is around 21/2 to 3 inches in width. Often used for clam fritters or stuffed clams.
Related Forum Threads
- culinary student needs help identifing french term Last post on 9/28/10 at 11:29am in Food & Cooking
- Bechamel Sauce Last post on 3/27/15 at 6:41am in Food & Cooking
- Preserved chillis - how do I do? Last post on 5/6/10 at 10:13am in Food & Cooking
- what does DECONSTRUCTED mean? Last post on 12/1/14 at 2:40pm in Food & Cooking
- Le Poêler - cooking technique Last post on 11/16/14 at 10:14am in Food & Cooking
Currently, there are 233 Active Users (6 Members and 227 Guests)
- › The skins of ox tongue 5 minutes ago
- › What did you have for dinner? 24 minutes ago
- › Advice for Sous switching to Pastry? 45 minutes ago
- › Dear God, It's Me The Dog 1 hour, 16 minutes ago
- › Advice on buying a commercial style freestanding range for the home 1 hour, 21 minutes ago
- › To Invest or not 1 hour, 28 minutes ago
- › project knife. super estate sale find 2 hours, 17 minutes ago
- › April 2015 Challenge: Seafood 2 hours, 29 minutes ago
- › Rib Eye Steak 2 hours, 32 minutes ago
- › new in the back of the house 3 hours, 13 minutes ago
- › The Coconut Miracle Cookbook: Over 400 Recipes to Boost Your Health... by Cami
- › Cuisinart CSB-76W SmartStick 200-Watt Immersion Hand Blender, White by Nicko
- › By Lucy Waverman The Flavour Principle: Enticing Your Senses with... by Cami
- › Coffee Gives Me Superpowers: An Illustrated Book about the Most... by Jim Berman
- › OXO Good Grips Potato Ricer by eastshores
- › The Vegetarian Flavor Bible: The Essential Guide to Culinary... by Jim Berman
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by JasonRoBear
- › Camp Chef True Seasoned 14-Inch Cast Iron Pizza Pan by phatch
- › Lodge Pro-Logic P14P3 Cast Iron Pizza Pan, Black, 14-inch by phatch
- › Presto 06626 11 inch Electric Skillet w/glass lid by OregonYeti
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part III ...
- › Cutting Bell Peppers: The Elegant Solution
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part II ...
- › The Unsung Heroes of the Kitchen
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part I An...
- › Mentoring New Cooks
- › Leaving the Business: The Dark Side
- › Infiltrating The Kitchen!
- › Perfect Choux Pastry
- › The Secret to a Sexy Fettuccine Alfredo