Another member of the family of classical cuts, chiffonade is similar to a julienne cut except that it is reserved for leafy vegetables and herbs. Often this type of cut is used on basil and the result is then used as a garnish.
Related Forum Threads
- culinary student needs help identifing french term Last post on 9/28/10 at 11:29am in Food & Cooking
- Bechamel Sauce Last post on 3/27/15 at 6:41am in Food & Cooking
- Preserved chillis - how do I do? Last post on 5/6/10 at 10:13am in Food & Cooking
- what does DECONSTRUCTED mean? Last post on 12/1/14 at 2:40pm in Food & Cooking
- Le Poêler - cooking technique Last post on 11/16/14 at 10:14am in Food & Cooking
Currently, there are 186 Active Users (4 Members and 182 Guests)
- › cooking sous vide on a large scale? 30 minutes ago
- › What's the standard % for bonus? 1 hour, 27 minutes ago
- › What has happened to Apple pie? Apples never seem fully cooked. 3 hours, 20 minutes ago
- › pairing food and wine sounds romantic... 3 hours, 35 minutes ago
- › name for this pan 3 hours, 46 minutes ago
- › Most Important Cooking Skills...? 3 hours, 53 minutes ago
- › need a price for a hundred people brunch 3 hours, 58 minutes ago
- › Tomorrow's Bread.... 4 hours, 16 minutes ago
- › Just finished school and can't find a place to go where i can grow 4 hours, 35 minutes ago
- › Soup-ggestions? 4 hours, 37 minutes ago
- › The Art Institute of California - San Francisco by stevenvhayden
- › Le Cordon Bleu USA by flacook
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by MichaelJKane
- › Pop Up Grill Barbecue portable télescopique 280 mm by Pete
- › HRC Culinary Academy, Bulgaria by konvict
- › Escoffier Online International Culinary Academy by Anthony Eugenio
- › Chinese Garnishes / Adornos Chinos: With Platter Arrangements / Con... by MillionsKnives
- › Mercer Cutlery Genesis 8-Inch Chef's Knife by harrisonh
- › Umami: The Fifth Taste by ChefTorres87
- › J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College by the1culinarykid
- › Family Meal: Feeding the Crew on the Cheap
- › Restaurant Menus: The chorus of the kitchen
- › Kitchen Technology: Internet of Things is Not...
- › Managing the Management: How Cooks Can Cope
- › True Cooks
- › What does Shake Shack's ChickenStack...
- › On the Road with Dega Catering and the Dave...
- › Fourth of July: What Would George Eat?
- › How to add a culinary school to ChefTalk.com
- › Culinary School Review Contest