Another member of the family of classical cuts, chiffonade is similar to a julienne cut except that it is reserved for leafy vegetables and herbs. Often this type of cut is used on basil and the result is then used as a garnish.
Related Forum Threads
- culinary student needs help identifing french term Last post on 9/28/10 at 11:29am in Food & Cooking
- Bechamel Sauce Last post on 3/27/15 at 6:41am in Food & Cooking
- Preserved chillis - how do I do? Last post on 5/6/10 at 10:13am in Food & Cooking
- what does DECONSTRUCTED mean? Last post on 12/1/14 at 2:40pm in Food & Cooking
- Le Poêler - cooking technique Last post on 11/16/14 at 10:14am in Food & Cooking
Currently, there are 298 Active Users (10 Members and 288 Guests)
- › Beginning a new job/career--- need advice! 6 minutes ago
- › Koukou's Culinary Travels 39 minutes ago
- › I NEED AN EFFICIENT PROFESIONAL CHEFS KNIFE ASAP!!!!!!!!!! 39 minutes ago
- › would you like to teach me how to make ice cream ? 39 minutes ago
- › August 2015 Challenge - Eggplant 1 hour, 8 minutes ago
- › Hello from Spain 2 hours, 19 minutes ago
- › Italian Meringue Question 3 hours, 28 minutes ago
- › Summer 2015; your food & drinks 4 hours, 7 minutes ago
- › Squirrel cook off 5 hours, 15 minutes ago
- › SCONES!!! 5 hours, 33 minutes ago
- › HRC Culinary Academy, Bulgaria by konvict
- › Escoffier Online International Culinary Academy by Anthony Eugenio
- › Chinese Garnishes / Adornos Chinos: With Platter Arrangements / Con... by MillionsKnives
- › Mercer Cutlery Genesis 8-Inch Chef's Knife by harrisonh
- › Umami: The Fifth Taste by ChefTorres87
- › J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College by the1culinarykid
- › UNLV William F. Harrah College of Hotel Administration by harrisonh
- › Oregon Culinary Institute by Carrie'
- › Le Cordon Bleu USA by wangxing
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by Chef B
- › Managing the Management: How Cooks Can Cope
- › True Cooks
- › What does Shake Shack's ChickenStack...
- › On the Road with Dega Catering and the Dave...
- › Fourth of July: What Would George Eat?
- › How to add a culinary school to ChefTalk.com
- › Culinary School Review Contest
- › The Strain Gauge: The Heart of the Digital Scale
- › Cutting Board Review Contest
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part IV ...