Another member of the family of classical cuts, chiffonade is similar to a julienne cut except that it is reserved for leafy vegetables and herbs. Often this type of cut is used on basil and the result is then used as a garnish.
Related Forum Threads
- culinary student needs help identifing french term Last post on 9/28/10 at 11:29am in Food & Cooking
- Bechamel Sauce Last post on 3/27/15 at 6:41am in Food & Cooking
- Preserved chillis - how do I do? Last post on 5/6/10 at 10:13am in Food & Cooking
- what does DECONSTRUCTED mean? Last post on 12/1/14 at 2:40pm in Food & Cooking
- Le Poêler - cooking technique Last post on 11/16/14 at 10:14am in Food & Cooking
Currently, there are 239 Active Users (2 Members and 237 Guests)
- › Pickles. 3 minutes ago
- › Just turned 40. Culinary School or More Kitchens? Please help! 6 minutes ago
- › Think you chop an onion fast? 49 minutes ago
- › Major problem with my lean dough 1 hour, 33 minutes ago
- › Coconut oil 1 hour, 44 minutes ago
- › Would A Dough Roller Machine Be Useful For My Operation? 2 hours, 43 minutes ago
- › wa rehandle project 2 hours, 58 minutes ago
- › World Champion in Dessert Philippe Parc, France Advices,... 3 hours, 7 minutes ago
- › Knife Repair 3 hours, 13 minutes ago
- › May 2015 Challenge - FOWL 5 hours, 45 minutes ago
- › The French Laundry Cookbook by Sian
- › Art Institute of Dallas by Kenneth Goldber
- › Le Cordon Bleu USA by Chef Sherry V
- › Architec Gripperwood 10-by-15-Inch Gourmet Sheesham Cutting, Board by laurenlulu
- › John Boos 18" Round American Cherry Chopping Block by KingNothing
- › Maple End Grain Chopping Block 15 x 15 x 2 by ChrisLehrer
- › Algonquin College School of Hospitality & Tourism by dents
- › Michigan Maple Block AGA02418 24" x 18" Maple Cutting Board by cheflayne
- › John Boos 24 by 18 by 2-1/4-Inch Reversible Maple Cutting Board by Dlee
- › Les Petits Macarons: Colorful French Confections to Make at Home by dents
- › Cutting Board Review Contest
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part IV ...
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part III ...
- › Cutting Bell Peppers: The Elegant Solution
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part II ...
- › The Unsung Heroes of the Kitchen
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part I An...
- › Mentoring New Cooks
- › Leaving the Business: The Dark Side
- › Infiltrating The Kitchen!