Another member of the family of classical cuts, chiffonade is similar to a julienne cut except that it is reserved for leafy vegetables and herbs. Often this type of cut is used on basil and the result is then used as a garnish.
Related Forum Threads
- culinary student needs help identifing french term Last post on 9/28/10 at 11:29am in Food & Cooking
- Bechamel Sauce Last post on 3/27/15 at 6:41am in Food & Cooking
- Preserved chillis - how do I do? Last post on 5/6/10 at 10:13am in Food & Cooking
- what does DECONSTRUCTED mean? Last post on 12/1/14 at 2:40pm in Food & Cooking
- Le Poêler - cooking technique Last post on 11/16/14 at 10:14am in Food & Cooking
Currently, there are 313 Active Users (4 Members and 309 Guests)
- › Deserts, Iike fruit I like cheese, I like coffee and I like liquor 26 minutes ago
- › What did you have for dinner? 48 minutes ago
- › Where can you get Quorn Mince/Chicken pieces? 53 minutes ago
- › Looking for Pastry School in Europe. HELP!!!!!!!!! 56 minutes ago
- › Shelf Life of Fried Pastries? 1 hour, 9 minutes ago
- › Homemade Pancetta 1 hour, 16 minutes ago
- › Any recommended books for caterers? 1 hour, 21 minutes ago
- › Best mac and cheese recipe 2 hours, 33 minutes ago
- › How do you think about wine decanter? 2 hours, 46 minutes ago
- › help need advice 2 hours, 53 minutes ago
- › Le Cordon Bleu USA by mdal2684
- › The Coconut Miracle Cookbook: Over 400 Recipes to Boost Your Health... by Cami
- › Cuisinart CSB-76W SmartStick 200-Watt Immersion Hand Blender, White by Nicko
- › By Lucy Waverman The Flavour Principle: Enticing Your Senses with... by Cami
- › Coffee Gives Me Superpowers: An Illustrated Book about the Most... by Jim Berman
- › OXO Good Grips Potato Ricer by eastshores
- › The Vegetarian Flavor Bible: The Essential Guide to Culinary... by Jim Berman
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by JasonRoBear
- › Camp Chef True Seasoned 14-Inch Cast Iron Pizza Pan by phatch
- › Lodge Pro-Logic P14P3 Cast Iron Pizza Pan, Black, 14-inch by phatch
- › Cutting Board Review Contest
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part IV ...
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part III ...
- › Cutting Bell Peppers: The Elegant Solution
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part II ...
- › The Unsung Heroes of the Kitchen
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part I An...
- › Mentoring New Cooks
- › Leaving the Business: The Dark Side
- › Infiltrating The Kitchen!