The use of a liquid to lift caramelized drippings left in a pan after roasting or sautéing. Often dry white wine, stock, or water is used for this purpose.
Related Forum Threads
- culinary student needs help identifing french term Last post on 9/28/10 at 11:29am in Food & Cooking
- Bechamel Sauce Last post on 3/27/15 at 6:41am in Food & Cooking
- Preserved chillis - how do I do? Last post on 5/6/10 at 10:13am in Food & Cooking
- what does DECONSTRUCTED mean? Last post on 12/1/14 at 2:40pm in Food & Cooking
- Le Poêler - cooking technique Last post on 11/16/14 at 10:14am in Food & Cooking
Currently, there are 305 Active Users (6 Members and 299 Guests)
- › Hello all 9 minutes ago
- › European Children Trying American Chocolate for First Time 1 hour, 30 minutes ago
- › What's the standard % for bonus? 1 hour, 32 minutes ago
- › SloeCooker ....what is that? 2 hours, 1 minute ago
- › Store bought vs restaurant chicken 2 hours, 53 minutes ago
- › What did you have for dinner? 2 hours, 54 minutes ago
- › Anchovy paste 3 hours, 32 minutes ago
- › Just finished school and can't find a place to go where i can grow 3 hours, 35 minutes ago
- › Is this a possible combination? 4 hours, 31 minutes ago
- › The Caputo 00 flour has arrived. Now, it's time to make some real... 5 hours, 49 minutes ago
- › The Art Institute of California - San Francisco by stevenvhayden
- › Le Cordon Bleu USA by flacook
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by MichaelJKane
- › Pop Up Grill Barbecue portable télescopique 280 mm by Pete
- › HRC Culinary Academy, Bulgaria by konvict
- › Escoffier Online International Culinary Academy by Anthony Eugenio
- › Chinese Garnishes / Adornos Chinos: With Platter Arrangements / Con... by MillionsKnives
- › Mercer Cutlery Genesis 8-Inch Chef's Knife by harrisonh
- › Umami: The Fifth Taste by ChefTorres87
- › J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College by the1culinarykid
- › Pineapple How To
- › Family Meal: Feeding the Crew on the Cheap
- › Restaurant Menus: The chorus of the kitchen
- › Kitchen Technology: Internet of Things is Not...
- › Managing the Management: How Cooks Can Cope
- › True Cooks
- › What does Shake Shack's ChickenStack...
- › On the Road with Dega Catering and the Dave...
- › Fourth of July: What Would George Eat?
- › How to add a culinary school to ChefTalk.com