The use of a liquid to lift caramelized drippings left in a pan after roasting or sautéing. Often dry white wine, stock, or water is used for this purpose.
Related Forum Threads
- culinary student needs help identifing french term Last post on 9/28/10 at 11:29am in Food & Cooking
- Bechamel Sauce Last post on 3/27/15 at 6:41am in Food & Cooking
- Preserved chillis - how do I do? Last post on 5/6/10 at 10:13am in Food & Cooking
- what does DECONSTRUCTED mean? Last post on 12/1/14 at 2:40pm in Food & Cooking
- Le Poêler - cooking technique Last post on 11/16/14 at 10:14am in Food & Cooking
Currently, there are 148 Active Users (2 Members and 146 Guests)
- › What is the best fish to make fish stock (fumet)? 45 minutes ago
- › Suggestions for a smoker anyone? 1 hour, 11 minutes ago
- › Advice/Recommendation on buying a stainless steel gyuto or... 2 hours, 9 minutes ago
- › Croissant Class 2 hours, 51 minutes ago
- › July 2015 Challenge is . . . . SALAD 3 hours, 30 minutes ago
- › The food behind the show 3 hours, 57 minutes ago
- › Aero chocolate center 4 hours ago
- › Italian american meatballs 4 hours, 36 minutes ago
- › New knife time! 4 hours, 37 minutes ago
- › Banana bread mistake that turned out being the best banana bread I... 4 hours, 38 minutes ago
- › UNLV William F. Harrah College of Hotel Administration by harrisonh
- › Oregon Culinary Institute by Carrie'
- › Le Cordon Bleu USA by wangxing
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by Chef B
- › Heat: An Amateur's Adventures as Kitchen Slave, Line Cook,... by Joe Banneke
- › Haute Cuisine: How the French Invented the Culinary Profession by Joe Banneke
- › Saddleback College - Food and Nutrition Department by torchskitchen
- › Mountainland Applied Technology College - Culinary Arts by mikelikefood125
- › The French Laundry Cookbook by Sian
- › Art Institute of Dallas by Kenneth Goldber
- › On the Road with Dega Catering and the Dave...
- › Fourth of July: What Would George Eat?
- › How to add a culinary school to ChefTalk.com
- › Culinary School Review Contest
- › The Strain Gauge: The Heart of the Digital Scale
- › Cutting Board Review Contest
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part IV ...
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part III ...
- › Cutting Bell Peppers: The Elegant Solution
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part II ...