French word for a farm. When refering to food, especially cheese, it denotes a farm stead production which is usually small, unique and of high quality. It is the opposite of a large scale inudustrial production, which can sometimes produce high qualtiy products but often do not have the same unique characteristics of a fermier product.
Related Forum Threads
- culinary student needs help identifing french term Last post on 9/28/10 at 11:29am in Food & Cooking
- Bechamel Sauce Last post on 3/27/15 at 6:41am in Food & Cooking
- Preserved chillis - how do I do? Last post on 5/6/10 at 10:13am in Food & Cooking
- what does DECONSTRUCTED mean? Last post on 12/1/14 at 2:40pm in Food & Cooking
- Le Poêler - cooking technique Last post on 11/16/14 at 10:14am in Food & Cooking
Currently, there are 291 Active Users (5 Members and 286 Guests)
- › An inquisition regarding the terminology called "Pan Seasoning or... 37 minutes ago
- › Truth about Cinnamon 38 minutes ago
- › What did you have for dinner? 1 hour, 39 minutes ago
- › Thai curry: how to make sure it becomes oily? 2 hours, 53 minutes ago
- › Need advice! 3 hours, 34 minutes ago
- › Please help identify this vintage kitchen tool 5 hours, 7 minutes ago
- › How Many Hours Do You Work(Day/Week) 7 hours, 14 minutes ago
- › Gravadlax? 9 hours ago
- › MenuPro menu printing software or the like??? 9 hours, 51 minutes ago
- › Three Fave Knife Brands 10 hours, 5 minutes ago
- › Le Cordon Bleu USA by karenlhall
- › The International Culinary Center - New York by Chef-Nicholas
- › Professional Cooking by motty
- › Ecole Nationale Supérieure de Pâtisserie by FollowUrHeart
- › The Art Institute of California - San Francisco by stevenvhayden
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by MichaelJKane
- › Pop Up Grill Barbecue portable télescopique 280 mm by Pete
- › HRC Culinary Academy, Bulgaria by konvict
- › Escoffier Online International Culinary Academy by Anthony Eugenio
- › Chinese Garnishes / Adornos Chinos: With Platter Arrangements / Con... by MillionsKnives
- › Top Ten Cooking Myths
- › Why Do You Cook?
- › Pineapple How To
- › Family Meal: Feeding the Crew on the Cheap
- › Restaurant Menus: The chorus of the kitchen
- › Kitchen Technology: Internet of Things is Not...
- › Managing the Management: How Cooks Can Cope
- › True Cooks
- › What does Shake Shack's ChickenStack...
- › On the Road with Dega Catering and the Dave...