Large cow milk cheese made predominately in French-speaking Switzerland and in parts of the French Jura mountains. It has a deep flavor when of high quality and sufficient age. It is used often in French cooking where it is melted into sauces like sauce Mornay. It is also used in many Swiss fondues.
Related Forum Threads
- culinary student needs help identifing french term Last post on 9/28/10 at 11:29am in Food & Cooking
- Bechamel Sauce Last post on 3/27/15 at 6:41am in Food & Cooking
- Preserved chillis - how do I do? Last post on 5/6/10 at 10:13am in Food & Cooking
- what does DECONSTRUCTED mean? Last post on 12/1/14 at 2:40pm in Food & Cooking
- Le Poêler - cooking technique Last post on 11/16/14 at 10:14am in Food & Cooking
Currently, there are 178 Active Users (8 Members and 170 Guests)
- › Suggestions for a smoker anyone? 3 minutes ago
- › Making smoothies creamy without banana or dairy 47 minutes ago
- › July 2015 Challenge is . . . . SALAD 3 hours, 17 minutes ago
- › I need platters for tart presentation 4! 3 hours, 22 minutes ago
- › PROFESSIONAL BAKING by Gisslen 6th ed 5 hours, 5 minutes ago
- › Advice/Recommendation on buying a stainless steel gyuto or... 9 hours, 25 minutes ago
- › Whatcha Cookin' Up This 4th of July? 10 hours, 12 minutes ago
- › country, baby back, regular 11 hours, 24 minutes ago
- › Looking for a santoku... 13 hours, 38 minutes ago
- › Popcorn Toppings 15 hours, 1 minute ago
- › UNLV William F. Harrah College of Hotel Administration by harrisonh
- › Oregon Culinary Institute by Carrie'
- › Le Cordon Bleu USA by wangxing
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by Chef B
- › Heat: An Amateur's Adventures as Kitchen Slave, Line Cook,... by Joe Banneke
- › Haute Cuisine: How the French Invented the Culinary Profession by Joe Banneke
- › Saddleback College - Food and Nutrition Department by torchskitchen
- › Mountainland Applied Technology College - Culinary Arts by mikelikefood125
- › The French Laundry Cookbook by Sian
- › Art Institute of Dallas by Kenneth Goldber
- › On the Road with Dega Catering and the Dave...
- › Fourth of July: What Would George Eat?
- › How to add a culinary school to ChefTalk.com
- › Culinary School Review Contest
- › The Strain Gauge: The Heart of the Digital Scale
- › Cutting Board Review Contest
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part IV ...
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part III ...
- › Cutting Bell Peppers: The Elegant Solution
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part II ...