The term used to smoke a product where the product cooks thermally while at the same time gaining flavor and color from the smoke. The smoke house routinely gets hotter than 170 degrees. Hams and most smoked sausages are cooked this way.
Related Forum Threads
- culinary student needs help identifing french term Last post on 9/28/10 at 11:29am in Food & Cooking
- Bechamel Sauce Last post on 3/27/15 at 6:41am in Food & Cooking
- Preserved chillis - how do I do? Last post on 5/6/10 at 10:13am in Food & Cooking
- what does DECONSTRUCTED mean? Last post on 12/1/14 at 2:40pm in Food & Cooking
- Le Poêler - cooking technique Last post on 11/16/14 at 10:14am in Food & Cooking
Currently, there are 279 Active Users (8 Members and 271 Guests)
- › The new Boos boards 1 minute ago
- › Short Pastry Help 38 minutes ago
- › Turning bacon 2 hours, 33 minutes ago
- › Corporate Lunch for 350 3 hours, 8 minutes ago
- › Little help please 3 hours, 36 minutes ago
- › Pacojet Brown butter Ice cream 5 hours, 35 minutes ago
- › Working overseas in Europe advice please 6 hours, 10 minutes ago
- › thawing/storing frozen haddock fillets 6 hours, 11 minutes ago
- › Country club life 6 hours, 27 minutes ago
- › Gino's East Pizza Crust 11 hours, 57 minutes ago
- › The Art Institute of California - San Francisco by stevenvhayden
- › Le Cordon Bleu USA by flacook
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by MichaelJKane
- › Pop Up Grill Barbecue portable télescopique 280 mm by Pete
- › HRC Culinary Academy, Bulgaria by konvict
- › Escoffier Online International Culinary Academy by Anthony Eugenio
- › Chinese Garnishes / Adornos Chinos: With Platter Arrangements / Con... by MillionsKnives
- › Mercer Cutlery Genesis 8-Inch Chef's Knife by harrisonh
- › Umami: The Fifth Taste by ChefTorres87
- › J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College by the1culinarykid
- › Pineapple How To
- › Family Meal: Feeding the Crew on the Cheap
- › Restaurant Menus: The chorus of the kitchen
- › Kitchen Technology: Internet of Things is Not...
- › Managing the Management: How Cooks Can Cope
- › True Cooks
- › What does Shake Shack's ChickenStack...
- › On the Road with Dega Catering and the Dave...
- › Fourth of July: What Would George Eat?
- › How to add a culinary school to ChefTalk.com