The term used to smoke a product where the product cooks thermally while at the same time gaining flavor and color from the smoke. The smoke house routinely gets hotter than 170 degrees. Hams and most smoked sausages are cooked this way.
Related Forum Threads
- culinary student needs help identifing french term Last post on 9/28/10 at 11:29am in Food & Cooking
- Bechamel Sauce Last post on 3/27/15 at 6:41am in Food & Cooking
- Preserved chillis - how do I do? Last post on 5/6/10 at 10:13am in Food & Cooking
- what does DECONSTRUCTED mean? Last post on 12/1/14 at 2:40pm in Food & Cooking
- Le Poêler - cooking technique Last post on 11/16/14 at 10:14am in Food & Cooking
Currently, there are 206 Active Users (4 Members and 202 Guests)
- › Can granulated white sugar be replaced with juice sugarcane,... 3 hours, 43 minutes ago
- › Advice needed urgently! 4 hours, 47 minutes ago
- › CCK Cleaver KF 1303 versus Wok Shop's Vegetable Cleaver 6 hours, 26 minutes ago
- › In or Out of the Fridge? 6 hours, 34 minutes ago
- › Kickstarter - Safe Granite Cutting Boards 7 hours, 13 minutes ago
- › No more dupes!! 8 hours, 28 minutes ago
- › Temperature in the pastry kitchen 10 hours, 55 minutes ago
- › A "Fowl" project I've been working on 12 hours, 22 minutes ago
- › wa rehandle project 14 hours, 7 minutes ago
- › fish 15 hours, 59 minutes ago
- › The French Laundry Cookbook by Sian
- › Art Institute of Dallas by Kenneth Goldber
- › Le Cordon Bleu USA by Chef Sherry V
- › Architec Gripperwood 10-by-15-Inch Gourmet Sheesham Cutting, Board by laurenlulu
- › John Boos 18" Round American Cherry Chopping Block by KingNothing
- › Maple End Grain Chopping Block 15 x 15 x 2 by ChrisLehrer
- › Algonquin College School of Hospitality & Tourism by dents
- › Michigan Maple Block AGA02418 24" x 18" Maple Cutting Board by cheflayne
- › John Boos 24 by 18 by 2-1/4-Inch Reversible Maple Cutting Board by Dlee
- › Les Petits Macarons: Colorful French Confections to Make at Home by dents
- › Cutting Board Review Contest
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part IV ...
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part III ...
- › Cutting Bell Peppers: The Elegant Solution
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part II ...
- › The Unsung Heroes of the Kitchen
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part I An...
- › Mentoring New Cooks
- › Leaving the Business: The Dark Side
- › Infiltrating The Kitchen!