The term used to smoke a product where the product cooks thermally while at the same time gaining flavor and color from the smoke. The smoke house routinely gets hotter than 170 degrees. Hams and most smoked sausages are cooked this way.
Related Forum Threads
- culinary student needs help identifing french term Last post on 9/28/10 at 11:29am in Food & Cooking
- Bechamel Sauce Last post on 3/27/15 at 6:41am in Food & Cooking
- Preserved chillis - how do I do? Last post on 5/6/10 at 10:13am in Food & Cooking
- what does DECONSTRUCTED mean? Last post on 12/1/14 at 2:40pm in Food & Cooking
- Le Poêler - cooking technique Last post on 11/16/14 at 10:14am in Food & Cooking
Currently, there are 243 Active Users (3 Members and 240 Guests)
- › Pumpkin soup 1 hour, 9 minutes ago
- › Straightening out a knife 1 hour, 11 minutes ago
- › What did you have for dinner? 1 hour, 17 minutes ago
- › Sugar / Coconut palm sugar 3 hours, 11 minutes ago
- › Picking my first chef knife 3 hours, 14 minutes ago
- › catering job 3 hours, 20 minutes ago
- › Amateur Chef Magazine 3 hours, 20 minutes ago
- › Cake Rise Issue 3 hours, 22 minutes ago
- › Hi Everyone from Mesa AZ 3 hours, 25 minutes ago
- › What's in your kniferoll? 3 hours, 39 minutes ago
- › The Coconut Miracle Cookbook: Over 400 Recipes to Boost Your Health... by Cami
- › Cuisinart CSB-76W SmartStick 200-Watt Immersion Hand Blender, White by Nicko
- › By Lucy Waverman The Flavour Principle: Enticing Your Senses with... by Cami
- › Coffee Gives Me Superpowers: An Illustrated Book about the Most... by Jim Berman
- › OXO Good Grips Potato Ricer by eastshores
- › The Vegetarian Flavor Bible: The Essential Guide to Culinary... by Jim Berman
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by JasonRoBear
- › Camp Chef True Seasoned 14-Inch Cast Iron Pizza Pan by phatch
- › Lodge Pro-Logic P14P3 Cast Iron Pizza Pan, Black, 14-inch by phatch
- › Presto 06626 11 inch Electric Skillet w/glass lid by OregonYeti
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part IV ...
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part III ...
- › Cutting Bell Peppers: The Elegant Solution
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part II ...
- › The Unsung Heroes of the Kitchen
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part I An...
- › Mentoring New Cooks
- › Leaving the Business: The Dark Side
- › Infiltrating The Kitchen!
- › Perfect Choux Pastry