A variety of Greek olives that originate from the city of Kalamata in the Southern Peloponnese of Greece. Kalamata olives are pickled in wine vinegar. The pickling process develops a very pronounced flavor of salt and vinegar. They have a very meaty flesh which is strong in flavor.
Related Forum Threads
- Fruit & VegetableSculptures Last post on 6/6/11 at 12:54pm in Food & Cooking
- Sicilian lemon ice cream Last post on 5/31/10 at 9:31am in Food & Cooking
- Top anti-oxidant foods Last post on 6/2/10 at 5:22pm in Food & Cooking
- Olives all'Asconala as a starter, not appetiser... any ideas? Last post on 4/30/10 at 5:43pm in Food & Cooking
- Washing fruits and vegetables tips Last post on 4/25/10 at 3:46am in Food & Cooking
Currently, there are 228 Active Users (2 Members and 226 Guests)
- › Vegetable Lasagna Recipe - Cooking Tips 49 minutes ago
- › In Trouble For Doing Exactly What I Was Supposed To... 1 hour, 21 minutes ago
- › Need help solving argument regarding marinating steak. 2 hours, 14 minutes ago
- › Would you sell your Home Cooked Food? 7 hours, 15 minutes ago
- › Looking for advice from experienced cooks and chefs 7 hours, 41 minutes ago
- › What am I doing wrong? Is it my pan choice? Please advise! 8 hours, 8 minutes ago
- › My first quality knife set 8 hours, 31 minutes ago
- › Relocating to Texas- College Station area (Texas A&M) looking for... 8 hours, 33 minutes ago
- › Leftover juices, lemon, garlic and thyme 8 hours, 46 minutes ago
- › Plain Food to Great food 8 hours, 49 minutes ago
- › Escoffier Online International Culinary Academy by Anthony Eugenio
- › Chinese Garnishes / Adornos Chinos: With Platter Arrangements / Con... by MillionsKnives
- › Mercer Cutlery Genesis 8-Inch Chef's Knife by harrisonh
- › Umami: The Fifth Taste by ChefTorres87
- › J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College by the1culinarykid
- › UNLV William F. Harrah College of Hotel Administration by harrisonh
- › Oregon Culinary Institute by Carrie'
- › Le Cordon Bleu USA by wangxing
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by Chef B
- › Heat: An Amateur's Adventures as Kitchen Slave, Line Cook,... by Joe Banneke
- › Managing the Management: How Cooks Can Cope
- › True Cooks
- › What does Shake Shack's ChickenStack...
- › On the Road with Dega Catering and the Dave...
- › Fourth of July: What Would George Eat?
- › How to add a culinary school to ChefTalk.com
- › Culinary School Review Contest
- › The Strain Gauge: The Heart of the Digital Scale
- › Cutting Board Review Contest
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part IV ...