A variety of Greek olives that originate from the city of Kalamata in the Southern Peloponnese of Greece. Kalamata olives are pickled in wine vinegar. The pickling process develops a very pronounced flavor of salt and vinegar. They have a very meaty flesh which is strong in flavor.
Related Forum Threads
- Fruit & VegetableSculptures Last post on 6/6/11 at 12:54pm in Food & Cooking
- Sicilian lemon ice cream Last post on 5/31/10 at 9:31am in Food & Cooking
- Top anti-oxidant foods Last post on 6/2/10 at 5:22pm in Food & Cooking
- Olives all'Asconala as a starter, not appetiser... any ideas? Last post on 4/30/10 at 5:43pm in Food & Cooking
- Washing fruits and vegetables tips Last post on 4/25/10 at 3:46am in Food & Cooking
Currently, there are 305 Active Users (8 Members and 297 Guests)
- › time travel to food from childhood 4 minutes ago
- › For Those of You Who Love Cooking and Want to Make a Decent Living... 44 minutes ago
- › professional catering name 51 minutes ago
- › Macaron 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › Cutting Board Giveaway!!!! 1 hour, 19 minutes ago
- › Share your phone or desktop wallpaper 1 hour, 19 minutes ago
- › Hello! 1 hour, 29 minutes ago
- › HELP! Kenwood KMM770 Chef Major Premier vs KitchenAid Pro Line... 1 hour, 31 minutes ago
- › Amateur Chef Magazine 1 hour, 34 minutes ago
- › PAELLA HELP!!!! 2 hours, 2 minutes ago
- › 9.5X12.5X1.5 clear maple block cutting board by Mezzaluna
- › Kendall College - Chicago, IL by WannieSue1982
- › CounterArt Bamboo Cutting Board by Fablesable
- › Hi-Soft Cutting Board 33.1"x15.4"x0.8" (84x39x2cm) by MillionsKnives
- › Larch Wood Buffet Cutting Board PROBUF by panini
- › Maple End Grain Chopping Block 15 x 15 x 2 by MillionsKnives
- › Catskill Craftsmen Super Slab with Finger Grooves by MillionsKnives
- › John Boos 24 by 18 by 2-1/4-Inch Reversible Maple Cutting Board by panini
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by chefmike25
- › Progressive International 17.5" X 11.25" Cutting Board by Nicko
- › Cutting Board Review Contest
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part IV ...
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part III ...
- › Cutting Bell Peppers: The Elegant Solution
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part II ...
- › The Unsung Heroes of the Kitchen
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part I An...
- › Mentoring New Cooks
- › Leaving the Business: The Dark Side
- › Infiltrating The Kitchen!