This is not a variety of olive but rather a way of processing black, fully ripened olives in salt or oil so that they become very strongly flavored and assertively bitter.
Related Forum Threads
- Olives all'Asconala as a starter, not appetiser... any ideas? Last post on 4/30/10 at 5:43pm in Food & Cooking
- what can I do with a lot of california sliced black olives Last post on 2/11/10 at 8:45am in Food & Cooking
- Green olive tapenade? Last post on 8/2/09 at 10:48am in Food & Cooking
- Olives? Last post on 12/24/08 at 10:34pm in The Chef's Garden
- Lemon Olive Oil Last post on 8/24/08 at 11:13am in Food & Cooking
Currently, there are 297 Active Users (5 Members and 292 Guests)
- › talking to the new generation 1 minute ago
- › Taking over Banquets in a Hotel 1 hour, 27 minutes ago
- › New Line Cook, Not Permitted on The Line by The Chef 2 hours, 10 minutes ago
- › sugar alternatives 2 hours, 16 minutes ago
- › July 2015 Challenge is . . . . SALAD 2 hours, 23 minutes ago
- › japanese (thin/light) vs western (thick/heavy) 2 hours, 28 minutes ago
- › Pancakes 4 hours, 37 minutes ago
- › How to get back into the industry after 12 years of illness . 6 hours, 13 minutes ago
- › Charity Event I am sponsoring.........................HELP!!!!!! 11 hours, 24 minutes ago
- › Hello From Canada 12 hours, 7 minutes ago
- › Oregon Culinary Institute by Carrie'
- › Le Cordon Bleu USA by wangxing
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by Chef B
- › Heat: An Amateur's Adventures as Kitchen Slave, Line Cook,... by Joe Banneke
- › Haute Cuisine: How the French Invented the Culinary Profession by Joe Banneke
- › Saddleback College - Food and Nutrition Department by torchskitchen
- › Mountainland Applied Technology College - Culinary Arts by mikelikefood125
- › The French Laundry Cookbook by Sian
- › Art Institute of Dallas by Kenneth Goldber
- › Architec Gripperwood 10-by-15-Inch Gourmet Sheesham Cutting, Board by laurenlulu
- › How to add a culinary school to ChefTalk.com
- › Culinary School Review Contest
- › The Strain Gauge: The Heart of the Digital Scale
- › Cutting Board Review Contest
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part IV ...
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part III ...
- › Cutting Bell Peppers: The Elegant Solution
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part II ...
- › The Unsung Heroes of the Kitchen
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part I An...