This is not a variety of olive but rather a way of processing black, fully ripened olives in salt or oil so that they become very strongly flavored and assertively bitter.
Related Forum Threads
- Olives all'Asconala as a starter, not appetiser... any ideas? Last post on 4/30/10 at 5:43pm in Food & Cooking
- what can I do with a lot of california sliced black olives Last post on 2/11/10 at 8:45am in Food & Cooking
- Green olive tapenade? Last post on 8/2/09 at 10:48am in Food & Cooking
- Olives? Last post on 12/24/08 at 10:34pm in The Chef's Garden
- Lemon Olive Oil Last post on 8/24/08 at 11:13am in Food & Cooking
Currently, there are 206 Active Users (3 Members and 203 Guests)
- › Coconut oil 1 hour, 23 minutes ago
- › May 2015 Challenge - FOWL 2 hours, 13 minutes ago
- › Think you chop an onion fast? 2 hours, 34 minutes ago
- › Pickles. 4 hours, 6 minutes ago
- › Just turned 40. Culinary School or More Kitchens? Please help! 4 hours, 9 minutes ago
- › Major problem with my lean dough 5 hours, 36 minutes ago
- › Would A Dough Roller Machine Be Useful For My Operation? 6 hours, 46 minutes ago
- › wa rehandle project 7 hours, 2 minutes ago
- › World Champion in Dessert Philippe Parc, France Advices,... 7 hours, 10 minutes ago
- › Knife Repair 7 hours, 17 minutes ago
- › The French Laundry Cookbook by Sian
- › Art Institute of Dallas by Kenneth Goldber
- › Le Cordon Bleu USA by Chef Sherry V
- › Architec Gripperwood 10-by-15-Inch Gourmet Sheesham Cutting, Board by laurenlulu
- › John Boos 18" Round American Cherry Chopping Block by KingNothing
- › Maple End Grain Chopping Block 15 x 15 x 2 by ChrisLehrer
- › Algonquin College School of Hospitality & Tourism by dents
- › Michigan Maple Block AGA02418 24" x 18" Maple Cutting Board by cheflayne
- › John Boos 24 by 18 by 2-1/4-Inch Reversible Maple Cutting Board by Dlee
- › Les Petits Macarons: Colorful French Confections to Make at Home by dents
- › Cutting Board Review Contest
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part IV ...
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part III ...
- › Cutting Bell Peppers: The Elegant Solution
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part II ...
- › The Unsung Heroes of the Kitchen
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part I An...
- › Mentoring New Cooks
- › Leaving the Business: The Dark Side
- › Infiltrating The Kitchen!