Related Forum Threads
- culinary student needs help identifing french term Last post on 9/28/10 at 11:29am in Food & Cooking
- Bechamel Sauce Last post on 3/27/15 at 6:41am in Food & Cooking
- Preserved chillis - how do I do? Last post on 5/6/10 at 10:13am in Food & Cooking
- what does DECONSTRUCTED mean? Last post on 12/1/14 at 2:40pm in Food & Cooking
- Le Poêler - cooking technique Last post on 11/16/14 at 10:14am in Food & Cooking
Last edited: 1/7/12
- SupremeLast edited: 1/7/12
- Sundried TomatoesLast edited: 1/21/12
- topicCooking Termstagged by System, 2/16/10
Alphabetical Article List
Natural RackTypically most items that are roasted are done so on a metal rack. A natural rack is the use of a food item to take the place of the metal rack. An example of this might be a filet of beef that is roasted on a bed of Rosemary. In this case the Rosemary will act as a rack which allows the filet to cook evenly over the entire surface.
Currently, there are 271 Active Users (5 Members and 266 Guests)
- › country, baby back, regular 28 minutes ago
- › Suggestions for a smoker anyone? 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › Advice/Recommendation on buying a stainless steel gyuto or... 1 hour, 40 minutes ago
- › Looking for a santoku... 2 hours, 42 minutes ago
- › Popcorn Toppings 4 hours, 5 minutes ago
- › Pancakes 4 hours, 8 minutes ago
- › The food behind the show 4 hours, 10 minutes ago
- › sugar alternatives 4 hours, 23 minutes ago
- › Croissant Class 5 hours, 4 minutes ago
- › What is the best fish to make fish stock (fumet)? 5 hours, 35 minutes ago
- › UNLV William F. Harrah College of Hotel Administration by harrisonh
- › Oregon Culinary Institute by Carrie'
- › Le Cordon Bleu USA by wangxing
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by Chef B
- › Heat: An Amateur's Adventures as Kitchen Slave, Line Cook,... by Joe Banneke
- › Haute Cuisine: How the French Invented the Culinary Profession by Joe Banneke
- › Saddleback College - Food and Nutrition Department by torchskitchen
- › Mountainland Applied Technology College - Culinary Arts by mikelikefood125
- › The French Laundry Cookbook by Sian
- › Art Institute of Dallas by Kenneth Goldber
- › On the Road with Dega Catering and the Dave...
- › Fourth of July: What Would George Eat?
- › How to add a culinary school to ChefTalk.com
- › Culinary School Review Contest
- › The Strain Gauge: The Heart of the Digital Scale
- › Cutting Board Review Contest
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part IV ...
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part III ...
- › Cutting Bell Peppers: The Elegant Solution
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part II ...