Related Forum Threads
- culinary student needs help identifing french term Last post on 9/28/10 at 11:29am in Food & Cooking
- Bechamel Sauce Last post on 3/27/15 at 6:41am in Food & Cooking
- Preserved chillis - how do I do? Last post on 5/6/10 at 10:13am in Food & Cooking
- what does DECONSTRUCTED mean? Last post on 12/1/14 at 2:40pm in Food & Cooking
- Le Poêler - cooking technique Last post on 11/16/14 at 10:14am in Food & Cooking
Last edited: 1/7/12
- SupremeLast edited: 1/7/12
- Sundried TomatoesLast edited: 1/21/12
- topicCooking Termstagged by System, 2/16/10
Alphabetical Article List
Natural RackTypically most items that are roasted are done so on a metal rack. A natural rack is the use of a food item to take the place of the metal rack. An example of this might be a filet of beef that is roasted on a bed of Rosemary. In this case the Rosemary will act as a rack which allows the filet to cook evenly over the entire surface.
Currently, there are 246 Active Users (4 Members and 242 Guests)
- › Fresh Corn 4 minutes ago
- › Safe Granite Cutting Boards 20 minutes ago
- › Temperature in the pastry kitchen 28 minutes ago
- › What did you have for dinner? 30 minutes ago
- › Poultry - To rinse or Not to Rinse? 31 minutes ago
- › In or Out of the Fridge? 1 hour, 33 minutes ago
- › Homemade Pancetta 2 hours, 52 minutes ago
- › How stay current or even cuttting edge on dishes? 2 hours, 54 minutes ago
- › Memorial Day Weekend 2 hours, 58 minutes ago
- › Cooking Alaskan Whitefish 3 hours, 12 minutes ago
- › The French Laundry Cookbook by Sian
- › Art Institute of Dallas by Kenneth Goldber
- › Le Cordon Bleu USA by Chef Sherry V
- › Architec Gripperwood 10-by-15-Inch Gourmet Sheesham Cutting, Board by laurenlulu
- › John Boos 18" Round American Cherry Chopping Block by KingNothing
- › Maple End Grain Chopping Block 15 x 15 x 2 by ChrisLehrer
- › Algonquin College School of Hospitality & Tourism by dents
- › Michigan Maple Block AGA02418 24" x 18" Maple Cutting Board by cheflayne
- › John Boos 24 by 18 by 2-1/4-Inch Reversible Maple Cutting Board by Dlee
- › Les Petits Macarons: Colorful French Confections to Make at Home by dents
- › Cutting Board Review Contest
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part IV ...
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part III ...
- › Cutting Bell Peppers: The Elegant Solution
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part II ...
- › The Unsung Heroes of the Kitchen
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part I An...
- › Mentoring New Cooks
- › Leaving the Business: The Dark Side
- › Infiltrating The Kitchen!