Related Forum Threads
- culinary student needs help identifing french term Last post on 9/28/10 at 11:29am in Food & Cooking
- Bechamel Sauce Last post on 3/27/15 at 6:41am in Food & Cooking
- Preserved chillis - how do I do? Last post on 5/6/10 at 10:13am in Food & Cooking
- what does DECONSTRUCTED mean? Last post on 12/1/14 at 2:40pm in Food & Cooking
- Le Poêler - cooking technique Last post on 11/16/14 at 10:14am in Food & Cooking
Last edited: 1/7/12
- SupremeLast edited: 1/7/12
- Sundried TomatoesLast edited: 1/21/12
- topicCooking Termstagged by System, 2/16/10
Alphabetical Article List
Natural RackTypically most items that are roasted are done so on a metal rack. A natural rack is the use of a food item to take the place of the metal rack. An example of this might be a filet of beef that is roasted on a bed of Rosemary. In this case the Rosemary will act as a rack which allows the filet to cook evenly over the entire surface.
Currently, there are 234 Active Users (2 Members and 232 Guests)
- › How long can you run a KA pro? 6 minutes ago
- › just starting as "sous chef" 17 minutes ago
- › All About Eggplant 40 minutes ago
- › Summer 2015; your food & drinks 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › I NEED AN EFFICIENT PROFESIONAL CHEFS KNIFE ASAP!!!!!!!!!! 1 hour, 17 minutes ago
- › Rack Ovens 1 hour, 27 minutes ago
- › Sous Chef Tips and Advice 1 hour, 36 minutes ago
- › What's your impression of sous vide? 1 hour, 41 minutes ago
- › Beginning a new job/career--- need advice! 1 hour, 44 minutes ago
- › August 2015 Challenge - Eggplant 2 hours, 53 minutes ago
- › HRC Culinary Academy, Bulgaria by konvict
- › Escoffier Online International Culinary Academy by Anthony Eugenio
- › Chinese Garnishes / Adornos Chinos: With Platter Arrangements / Con... by MillionsKnives
- › Mercer Cutlery Genesis 8-Inch Chef's Knife by harrisonh
- › Umami: The Fifth Taste by ChefTorres87
- › J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College by the1culinarykid
- › UNLV William F. Harrah College of Hotel Administration by harrisonh
- › Oregon Culinary Institute by Carrie'
- › Le Cordon Bleu USA by wangxing
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by Chef B
- › Managing the Management: How Cooks Can Cope
- › True Cooks
- › What does Shake Shack's ChickenStack...
- › On the Road with Dega Catering and the Dave...
- › Fourth of July: What Would George Eat?
- › How to add a culinary school to ChefTalk.com
- › Culinary School Review Contest
- › The Strain Gauge: The Heart of the Digital Scale
- › Cutting Board Review Contest
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part IV ...