Related Forum Threads
- culinary student needs help identifing french term Last post on 9/28/10 at 11:29am in Food & Cooking
- Bechamel Sauce Last post on 3/27/15 at 6:41am in Food & Cooking
- Preserved chillis - how do I do? Last post on 5/6/10 at 10:13am in Food & Cooking
- what does DECONSTRUCTED mean? Last post on 12/1/14 at 2:40pm in Food & Cooking
- Le Poêler - cooking technique Last post on 11/16/14 at 10:14am in Food & Cooking
Last edited: 1/7/12
- SupremeLast edited: 1/7/12
- Sundried TomatoesLast edited: 1/21/12
- topicCooking Termstagged by System, 2/16/10
Alphabetical Article List
Natural RackTypically most items that are roasted are done so on a metal rack. A natural rack is the use of a food item to take the place of the metal rack. An example of this might be a filet of beef that is roasted on a bed of Rosemary. In this case the Rosemary will act as a rack which allows the filet to cook evenly over the entire surface.
Currently, there are 291 Active Users (5 Members and 286 Guests)
- › time travel to food from childhood 6 minutes ago
- › Pass the budder, please. 18 minutes ago
- › Looking for a dry powder mill that will give 10x - 14x 29 minutes ago
- › Do great working conditions for chefs exist anymore? 1 hour, 23 minutes ago
- › Cutting Board Review Contest - Questions/Discussion 1 hour, 28 minutes ago
- › what is black peppermint? 1 hour, 55 minutes ago
- › help need advice 2 hours, 31 minutes ago
- › Chefs Rides 2 hours, 53 minutes ago
- › Cake Rise Issue 4 hours, 41 minutes ago
- › HELP! 5 hours, 53 minutes ago
- › The Coconut Miracle Cookbook: Over 400 Recipes to Boost Your Health... by Cami
- › Cuisinart CSB-76W SmartStick 200-Watt Immersion Hand Blender, White by Nicko
- › By Lucy Waverman The Flavour Principle: Enticing Your Senses with... by Cami
- › Coffee Gives Me Superpowers: An Illustrated Book about the Most... by Jim Berman
- › OXO Good Grips Potato Ricer by eastshores
- › The Vegetarian Flavor Bible: The Essential Guide to Culinary... by Jim Berman
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by JasonRoBear
- › Camp Chef True Seasoned 14-Inch Cast Iron Pizza Pan by phatch
- › Lodge Pro-Logic P14P3 Cast Iron Pizza Pan, Black, 14-inch by phatch
- › Presto 06626 11 inch Electric Skillet w/glass lid by OregonYeti
- › Cutting Board Review Contest
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part IV ...
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part III ...
- › Cutting Bell Peppers: The Elegant Solution
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part II ...
- › The Unsung Heroes of the Kitchen
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part I An...
- › Mentoring New Cooks
- › Leaving the Business: The Dark Side
- › Infiltrating The Kitchen!