This very thin "crepe" is common to the cuisines of North African countries (especially Tunisia). It is very thin--a cross between crepes and phyllo dough and has become very popular among chefs as a light dough ideal for wrapping a multitude of different baked or even deep fried items ( a much lighter alternative to the classical puff pastry.). The dough becomes very crispy as it bakes.
Related Forum Threads
- culinary student needs help identifing french term Last post on 9/28/10 at 11:29am in Food & Cooking
- Bechamel Sauce Last post on 3/27/15 at 6:41am in Food & Cooking
- Preserved chillis - how do I do? Last post on 5/6/10 at 10:13am in Food & Cooking
- what does DECONSTRUCTED mean? Last post on 12/1/14 at 2:40pm in Food & Cooking
- Le Poêler - cooking technique Last post on 11/16/14 at 10:14am in Food & Cooking
Currently, there are 176 Active Users (4 Members and 172 Guests)
- › Banana bread mistake that turned out being the best banana bread I... 43 minutes ago
- › Looking for a recipe using bacon fat 3 hours, 27 minutes ago
- › Memorial Day Weekend 3 hours, 34 minutes ago
- › Effects of Firm peak vs Stiff peak in cakes. 4 hours, 2 minutes ago
- › Tomatoe sauce and bolognese 4 hours, 59 minutes ago
- › wa rehandle project 5 hours, 55 minutes ago
- › Major problem with my lean dough 6 hours ago
- › So... what are you growing this year? 7 hours, 3 minutes ago
- › Beware of Canola Oil 7 hours, 7 minutes ago
- › Poultry - To rinse or Not to Rinse? 7 hours, 25 minutes ago
- › The French Laundry Cookbook by Sian
- › Art Institute of Dallas by Kenneth Goldber
- › Le Cordon Bleu USA by Chef Sherry V
- › Architec Gripperwood 10-by-15-Inch Gourmet Sheesham Cutting, Board by laurenlulu
- › John Boos 18" Round American Cherry Chopping Block by KingNothing
- › Maple End Grain Chopping Block 15 x 15 x 2 by ChrisLehrer
- › Algonquin College School of Hospitality & Tourism by dents
- › Michigan Maple Block AGA02418 24" x 18" Maple Cutting Board by cheflayne
- › John Boos 24 by 18 by 2-1/4-Inch Reversible Maple Cutting Board by Dlee
- › Les Petits Macarons: Colorful French Confections to Make at Home by dents
- › Cutting Board Review Contest
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part IV ...
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part III ...
- › Cutting Bell Peppers: The Elegant Solution
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part II ...
- › The Unsung Heroes of the Kitchen
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part I An...
- › Mentoring New Cooks
- › Leaving the Business: The Dark Side
- › Infiltrating The Kitchen!