This very thin "crepe" is common to the cuisines of North African countries (especially Tunisia). It is very thin--a cross between crepes and phyllo dough and has become very popular among chefs as a light dough ideal for wrapping a multitude of different baked or even deep fried items ( a much lighter alternative to the classical puff pastry.). The dough becomes very crispy as it bakes.
Related Forum Threads
- culinary student needs help identifing french term Last post on 9/28/10 at 11:29am in Food & Cooking
- Bechamel Sauce Last post on 3/27/15 at 6:41am in Food & Cooking
- Preserved chillis - how do I do? Last post on 5/6/10 at 10:13am in Food & Cooking
- what does DECONSTRUCTED mean? Last post on 12/1/14 at 2:40pm in Food & Cooking
- Le Poêler - cooking technique Last post on 11/16/14 at 10:14am in Food & Cooking
Currently, there are 230 Active Users (3 Members and 227 Guests)
- › July 2015 Challenge is . . . . SALAD 49 minutes ago
- › Suggestions for a smoker anyone? 56 minutes ago
- › PROFESSIONAL BAKING by Gisslen 6th ed 1 hour, 41 minutes ago
- › I need platters for tart presentation 4! 3 hours, 43 minutes ago
- › Advice/Recommendation on buying a stainless steel gyuto or... 6 hours, 1 minute ago
- › Whatcha Cookin' Up This 4th of July? 6 hours, 48 minutes ago
- › country, baby back, regular 7 hours, 59 minutes ago
- › Looking for a santoku... 10 hours, 13 minutes ago
- › Popcorn Toppings 11 hours, 37 minutes ago
- › Pancakes 11 hours, 39 minutes ago
- › UNLV William F. Harrah College of Hotel Administration by harrisonh
- › Oregon Culinary Institute by Carrie'
- › Le Cordon Bleu USA by wangxing
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by Chef B
- › Heat: An Amateur's Adventures as Kitchen Slave, Line Cook,... by Joe Banneke
- › Haute Cuisine: How the French Invented the Culinary Profession by Joe Banneke
- › Saddleback College - Food and Nutrition Department by torchskitchen
- › Mountainland Applied Technology College - Culinary Arts by mikelikefood125
- › The French Laundry Cookbook by Sian
- › Art Institute of Dallas by Kenneth Goldber
- › On the Road with Dega Catering and the Dave...
- › Fourth of July: What Would George Eat?
- › How to add a culinary school to ChefTalk.com
- › Culinary School Review Contest
- › The Strain Gauge: The Heart of the Digital Scale
- › Cutting Board Review Contest
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part IV ...
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part III ...
- › Cutting Bell Peppers: The Elegant Solution
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part II ...