(Also called pate feuillete in french) This dough is comprised of many very thin layers of butter and dough. As the dough bakes, the butter creates steam which make the dough rise into a multitude of very thin crispy layers.
Related Forum Threads
- Professional Chef or Pastry Chef Last post on 8/16/10 at 1:38pm in General Culinary School Discussions
- Starting a Pastry Business Last post on 8/12/10 at 8:43pm in Pastries & Baking
- whole wheat pastry flour Last post on 7/27/10 at 5:47pm in Pastries & Baking
- Red Seal Pastry Exam Last post on 8/10/10 at 12:10am in Professional Pastry Chefs
- Pastry Schools in Paris / France Last post on 7/24/10 at 11:54pm in General Culinary School Discussions
Currently, there are 246 Active Users (6 Members and 240 Guests)
- › Nature's GMO: Horizontal Gene Transfer 18 minutes ago
- › Would you sell your Home Cooked Food? 2 hours, 14 minutes ago
- › My first quality knife set 3 hours, 53 minutes ago
- › Relocating to Texas- College Station area (Texas A&M) looking for... 4 hours, 35 minutes ago
- › Need help solving argument regarding marinating steak. 8 hours, 11 minutes ago
- › Metric measurements 8 hours, 37 minutes ago
- › Brioche - Ingredient temperature question 9 hours, 5 minutes ago
- › Planning a dinner 9 hours, 11 minutes ago
- › What did you have for dinner? 9 hours, 19 minutes ago
- › Which Flour to use for Carrot-Apple Cake? 9 hours, 40 minutes ago
- › Escoffier Online International Culinary Academy by Anthony Eugenio
- › Chinese Garnishes / Adornos Chinos: With Platter Arrangements / Con... by MillionsKnives
- › Mercer Cutlery Genesis 8-Inch Chef's Knife by harrisonh
- › Umami: The Fifth Taste by ChefTorres87
- › J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College by the1culinarykid
- › UNLV William F. Harrah College of Hotel Administration by harrisonh
- › Oregon Culinary Institute by Carrie'
- › Le Cordon Bleu USA by wangxing
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by Chef B
- › Heat: An Amateur's Adventures as Kitchen Slave, Line Cook,... by Joe Banneke
- › True Cooks
- › What does Shake Shack's ChickenStack...
- › On the Road with Dega Catering and the Dave...
- › Fourth of July: What Would George Eat?
- › How to add a culinary school to ChefTalk.com
- › Culinary School Review Contest
- › The Strain Gauge: The Heart of the Digital Scale
- › Cutting Board Review Contest
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part IV ...
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part III ...