(Also called pate feuillete in french) This dough is comprised of many very thin layers of butter and dough. As the dough bakes, the butter creates steam which make the dough rise into a multitude of very thin crispy layers.
Related Forum Threads
- Professional Chef or Pastry Chef Last post on 8/16/10 at 1:38pm in General Culinary School Discussions
- Starting a Pastry Business Last post on 8/12/10 at 8:43pm in Pastries & Baking
- whole wheat pastry flour Last post on 7/27/10 at 5:47pm in Pastries & Baking
- Red Seal Pastry Exam Last post on 8/10/10 at 12:10am in Professional Pastry Chefs
- Pastry Schools in Paris / France Last post on 7/24/10 at 11:54pm in General Culinary School Discussions
Currently, there are 246 Active Users (4 Members and 242 Guests)
- › Fresh Corn 4 minutes ago
- › Safe Granite Cutting Boards 20 minutes ago
- › Temperature in the pastry kitchen 28 minutes ago
- › What did you have for dinner? 30 minutes ago
- › Poultry - To rinse or Not to Rinse? 31 minutes ago
- › In or Out of the Fridge? 1 hour, 33 minutes ago
- › Homemade Pancetta 2 hours, 52 minutes ago
- › How stay current or even cuttting edge on dishes? 2 hours, 54 minutes ago
- › Memorial Day Weekend 2 hours, 58 minutes ago
- › Cooking Alaskan Whitefish 3 hours, 12 minutes ago
- › The French Laundry Cookbook by Sian
- › Art Institute of Dallas by Kenneth Goldber
- › Le Cordon Bleu USA by Chef Sherry V
- › Architec Gripperwood 10-by-15-Inch Gourmet Sheesham Cutting, Board by laurenlulu
- › John Boos 18" Round American Cherry Chopping Block by KingNothing
- › Maple End Grain Chopping Block 15 x 15 x 2 by ChrisLehrer
- › Algonquin College School of Hospitality & Tourism by dents
- › Michigan Maple Block AGA02418 24" x 18" Maple Cutting Board by cheflayne
- › John Boos 24 by 18 by 2-1/4-Inch Reversible Maple Cutting Board by Dlee
- › Les Petits Macarons: Colorful French Confections to Make at Home by dents
- › Cutting Board Review Contest
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part IV ...
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part III ...
- › Cutting Bell Peppers: The Elegant Solution
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part II ...
- › The Unsung Heroes of the Kitchen
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part I An...
- › Mentoring New Cooks
- › Leaving the Business: The Dark Side
- › Infiltrating The Kitchen!