(Also called pate feuillete in french) This dough is comprised of many very thin layers of butter and dough. As the dough bakes, the butter creates steam which make the dough rise into a multitude of very thin crispy layers.
Related Forum Threads
- Professional Chef or Pastry Chef Last post on 8/16/10 at 1:38pm in General Culinary School Discussions
- Starting a Pastry Business Last post on 8/12/10 at 8:43pm in Pastries & Baking
- whole wheat pastry flour Last post on 7/27/10 at 5:47pm in Pastries & Baking
- Red Seal Pastry Exam Last post on 8/10/10 at 12:10am in Professional Pastry Chefs
- Pastry Schools in Paris / France Last post on 7/24/10 at 11:54pm in General Culinary School Discussions
Currently, there are 243 Active Users (3 Members and 240 Guests)
- › Pumpkin soup 1 hour, 19 minutes ago
- › Straightening out a knife 1 hour, 21 minutes ago
- › What did you have for dinner? 1 hour, 27 minutes ago
- › Sugar / Coconut palm sugar 3 hours, 21 minutes ago
- › Picking my first chef knife 3 hours, 25 minutes ago
- › catering job 3 hours, 30 minutes ago
- › Amateur Chef Magazine 3 hours, 31 minutes ago
- › Cake Rise Issue 3 hours, 32 minutes ago
- › Hi Everyone from Mesa AZ 3 hours, 35 minutes ago
- › What's in your kniferoll? 3 hours, 49 minutes ago
- › The Coconut Miracle Cookbook: Over 400 Recipes to Boost Your Health... by Cami
- › Cuisinart CSB-76W SmartStick 200-Watt Immersion Hand Blender, White by Nicko
- › By Lucy Waverman The Flavour Principle: Enticing Your Senses with... by Cami
- › Coffee Gives Me Superpowers: An Illustrated Book about the Most... by Jim Berman
- › OXO Good Grips Potato Ricer by eastshores
- › The Vegetarian Flavor Bible: The Essential Guide to Culinary... by Jim Berman
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by JasonRoBear
- › Camp Chef True Seasoned 14-Inch Cast Iron Pizza Pan by phatch
- › Lodge Pro-Logic P14P3 Cast Iron Pizza Pan, Black, 14-inch by phatch
- › Presto 06626 11 inch Electric Skillet w/glass lid by OregonYeti
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part IV ...
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part III ...
- › Cutting Bell Peppers: The Elegant Solution
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part II ...
- › The Unsung Heroes of the Kitchen
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part I An...
- › Mentoring New Cooks
- › Leaving the Business: The Dark Side
- › Infiltrating The Kitchen!
- › Perfect Choux Pastry