(Also called pate feuillete in french) This dough is comprised of many very thin layers of butter and dough. As the dough bakes, the butter creates steam which make the dough rise into a multitude of very thin crispy layers.
Related Forum Threads
- Professional Chef or Pastry Chef Last post on 8/16/10 at 1:38pm in General Culinary School Discussions
- Starting a Pastry Business Last post on 8/12/10 at 8:43pm in Pastries & Baking
- whole wheat pastry flour Last post on 7/27/10 at 5:47pm in Pastries & Baking
- Red Seal Pastry Exam Last post on 8/10/10 at 12:10am in Professional Pastry Chefs
- Pastry Schools in Paris / France Last post on 7/24/10 at 11:54pm in General Culinary School Discussions
Currently, there are 190 Active Users (1 Member and 189 Guests)
- › What's the standard % for bonus? 2 hours, 6 minutes ago
- › SloeCooker ....what is that? 2 hours, 49 minutes ago
- › What's your impression of sous vide? 3 hours, 14 minutes ago
- › what you find when you own a Foodsaver 4 hours, 4 minutes ago
- › Knife Sharpening ... what am I doing wrong 4 hours, 14 minutes ago
- › how do i get successful souffles for service? 6 hours, 14 minutes ago
- › name for this pan 6 hours, 22 minutes ago
- › Anchovy paste 6 hours, 42 minutes ago
- › Just finished school and can't find a place to go where i can grow 6 hours, 42 minutes ago
- › These #$%^* Pants!!! 7 hours, 2 minutes ago
- › The Art Institute of California - San Francisco by stevenvhayden
- › Le Cordon Bleu USA by flacook
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by MichaelJKane
- › Pop Up Grill Barbecue portable télescopique 280 mm by Pete
- › HRC Culinary Academy, Bulgaria by konvict
- › Escoffier Online International Culinary Academy by Anthony Eugenio
- › Chinese Garnishes / Adornos Chinos: With Platter Arrangements / Con... by MillionsKnives
- › Mercer Cutlery Genesis 8-Inch Chef's Knife by harrisonh
- › Umami: The Fifth Taste by ChefTorres87
- › J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College by the1culinarykid
- › Pineapple How To
- › Family Meal: Feeding the Crew on the Cheap
- › Restaurant Menus: The chorus of the kitchen
- › Kitchen Technology: Internet of Things is Not...
- › Managing the Management: How Cooks Can Cope
- › True Cooks
- › What does Shake Shack's ChickenStack...
- › On the Road with Dega Catering and the Dave...
- › Fourth of July: What Would George Eat?
- › How to add a culinary school to ChefTalk.com