To render something generally means cook a food item with a high fat content in order to melt the fat. The fat can then be used in other preparations. An example of this could be the use of duck fat to sauté vegetables as an alternative to butter.
Related Forum Threads
- culinary student needs help identifing french term Last post on 9/28/10 at 11:29am in Food & Cooking
- Bechamel Sauce Last post on 3/27/15 at 6:41am in Food & Cooking
- Preserved chillis - how do I do? Last post on 5/6/10 at 10:13am in Food & Cooking
- what does DECONSTRUCTED mean? Last post on 12/1/14 at 2:40pm in Food & Cooking
- Le Poêler - cooking technique Last post on 11/16/14 at 10:14am in Food & Cooking
Currently, there are 262 Active Users (5 Members and 257 Guests)
- › In or Out of the Fridge? 28 minutes ago
- › Advice needed urgently! 45 minutes ago
- › Kickstarter - Safe Granite Cutting Boards 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › Temperature in the pastry kitchen 1 hour, 16 minutes ago
- › why do my poached eggs smell funky 1 hour, 22 minutes ago
- › Can granulated white sugar be replaced with juice sugarcane,... 5 hours, 14 minutes ago
- › CCK Cleaver KF 1303 versus Wok Shop's Vegetable Cleaver 7 hours, 57 minutes ago
- › No more dupes!! 9 hours, 59 minutes ago
- › A "Fowl" project I've been working on 13 hours, 53 minutes ago
- › wa rehandle project 15 hours, 38 minutes ago
- › The French Laundry Cookbook by Sian
- › Art Institute of Dallas by Kenneth Goldber
- › Le Cordon Bleu USA by Chef Sherry V
- › Architec Gripperwood 10-by-15-Inch Gourmet Sheesham Cutting, Board by laurenlulu
- › John Boos 18" Round American Cherry Chopping Block by KingNothing
- › Maple End Grain Chopping Block 15 x 15 x 2 by ChrisLehrer
- › Algonquin College School of Hospitality & Tourism by dents
- › Michigan Maple Block AGA02418 24" x 18" Maple Cutting Board by cheflayne
- › John Boos 24 by 18 by 2-1/4-Inch Reversible Maple Cutting Board by Dlee
- › Les Petits Macarons: Colorful French Confections to Make at Home by dents
- › Cutting Board Review Contest
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part IV ...
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part III ...
- › Cutting Bell Peppers: The Elegant Solution
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part II ...
- › The Unsung Heroes of the Kitchen
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part I An...
- › Mentoring New Cooks
- › Leaving the Business: The Dark Side
- › Infiltrating The Kitchen!