To render something generally means cook a food item with a high fat content in order to melt the fat. The fat can then be used in other preparations. An example of this could be the use of duck fat to sauté vegetables as an alternative to butter.
Related Forum Threads
- culinary student needs help identifing french term Last post on 9/28/10 at 11:29am in Food & Cooking
- Bechamel Sauce Last post on 3/27/15 at 6:41am in Food & Cooking
- Preserved chillis - how do I do? Last post on 5/6/10 at 10:13am in Food & Cooking
- what does DECONSTRUCTED mean? Last post on 12/1/14 at 2:40pm in Food & Cooking
- Le Poêler - cooking technique Last post on 11/16/14 at 10:14am in Food & Cooking
Currently, there are 249 Active Users (2 Members and 247 Guests)
- › European Knives VS Japanese Knives in a Professional Setting 57 minutes ago
- › Preserving apples! 1 hour, 56 minutes ago
- › Please help identify this vintage kitchen tool 4 hours, 34 minutes ago
- › Halloween treats 5 hours, 11 minutes ago
- › The October 2015 Chellange is . . . . PIE 5 hours, 12 minutes ago
- › Question, how to properly prepare sushi and sashimi 5 hours, 15 minutes ago
- › melt chocolate best equipment? 5 hours, 19 minutes ago
- › Frozen/velvet effect 5 hours, 44 minutes ago
- › Crabs? 10 hours, 14 minutes ago
- › Three Fave Knife Brands 10 hours, 26 minutes ago
- › Le Cordon Bleu USA by karenlhall
- › The International Culinary Center - New York by Chef-Nicholas
- › Professional Cooking by motty
- › Ecole Nationale Supérieure de Pâtisserie by FollowUrHeart
- › The Art Institute of California - San Francisco by stevenvhayden
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by MichaelJKane
- › Pop Up Grill Barbecue portable télescopique 280 mm by Pete
- › HRC Culinary Academy, Bulgaria by konvict
- › Escoffier Online International Culinary Academy by Anthony Eugenio
- › Chinese Garnishes / Adornos Chinos: With Platter Arrangements / Con... by MillionsKnives
- › Top Ten Cooking Myths
- › Why Do You Cook?
- › Pineapple How To
- › Family Meal: Feeding the Crew on the Cheap
- › Restaurant Menus: The chorus of the kitchen
- › Kitchen Technology: Internet of Things is Not...
- › Managing the Management: How Cooks Can Cope
- › True Cooks
- › What does Shake Shack's ChickenStack...
- › On the Road with Dega Catering and the Dave...