To render something generally means cook a food item with a high fat content in order to melt the fat. The fat can then be used in other preparations. An example of this could be the use of duck fat to sauté vegetables as an alternative to butter.
Related Forum Threads
- culinary student needs help identifing french term Last post on 9/28/10 at 11:29am in Food & Cooking
- Bechamel Sauce Last post on 3/27/15 at 6:41am in Food & Cooking
- Preserved chillis - how do I do? Last post on 5/6/10 at 10:13am in Food & Cooking
- what does DECONSTRUCTED mean? Last post on 12/1/14 at 2:40pm in Food & Cooking
- Le Poêler - cooking technique Last post on 11/16/14 at 10:14am in Food & Cooking
Currently, there are 172 Active Users (3 Members and 169 Guests)
- › Homemade Pancetta 13 minutes ago
- › Any recommended books for caterers? 14 minutes ago
- › Picking my first chef knife 51 minutes ago
- › Cooking Alaskan Whitefish 1 hour, 22 minutes ago
- › Just joned ChefTalk. 1 hour, 41 minutes ago
- › What did you have for dinner? 1 hour, 45 minutes ago
- › Dear God, It's Me The Dog 2 hours, 40 minutes ago
- › professional catering name 3 hours, 29 minutes ago
- › More Ideas Needed For A Cupcake Bar 4 hours, 19 minutes ago
- › help need advice 5 hours, 2 minutes ago
- › Le Cordon Bleu USA by mdal2684
- › The Coconut Miracle Cookbook: Over 400 Recipes to Boost Your Health... by Cami
- › Cuisinart CSB-76W SmartStick 200-Watt Immersion Hand Blender, White by Nicko
- › By Lucy Waverman The Flavour Principle: Enticing Your Senses with... by Cami
- › Coffee Gives Me Superpowers: An Illustrated Book about the Most... by Jim Berman
- › OXO Good Grips Potato Ricer by eastshores
- › The Vegetarian Flavor Bible: The Essential Guide to Culinary... by Jim Berman
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by JasonRoBear
- › Camp Chef True Seasoned 14-Inch Cast Iron Pizza Pan by phatch
- › Lodge Pro-Logic P14P3 Cast Iron Pizza Pan, Black, 14-inch by phatch
- › Cutting Board Review Contest
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part IV ...
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part III ...
- › Cutting Bell Peppers: The Elegant Solution
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part II ...
- › The Unsung Heroes of the Kitchen
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part I An...
- › Mentoring New Cooks
- › Leaving the Business: The Dark Side
- › Infiltrating The Kitchen!