A small spherical shellfish that is covered with pointed spines. The bright orange roe that is found along the inside wall of the sea urchin is what is eaten. The roe has a strong ocean/iodine flavor coupled with a noticeable sweet and fatty quality. It is eaten raw or pureed into sauces.
Related Forum Threads
- culinary student needs help identifing french term Last post on 9/28/10 at 11:29am in Food & Cooking
- Bechamel Sauce Last post on 3/27/15 at 6:41am in Food & Cooking
- Preserved chillis - how do I do? Last post on 5/6/10 at 10:13am in Food & Cooking
- what does DECONSTRUCTED mean? Last post on 12/1/14 at 2:40pm in Food & Cooking
- Le Poêler - cooking technique Last post on 11/16/14 at 10:14am in Food & Cooking
Currently, there are 277 Active Users (7 Members and 270 Guests)
- › July 2015 Challenge is . . . . SALAD 46 minutes ago
- › talking to the new generation 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › Summer Grilling 1 hour, 53 minutes ago
- › Does anyone have any experience with "Konosuke" or "Richmond" ... 2 hours, 10 minutes ago
- › Croissant Class 2 hours, 47 minutes ago
- › sugar alternatives 3 hours, 40 minutes ago
- › Hello From Canada 4 hours, 40 minutes ago
- › Taking over Banquets in a Hotel 6 hours, 14 minutes ago
- › New Line Cook, Not Permitted on The Line by The Chef 6 hours, 57 minutes ago
- › japanese (thin/light) vs western (thick/heavy) 7 hours, 16 minutes ago
- › Oregon Culinary Institute by Carrie'
- › Le Cordon Bleu USA by wangxing
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by Chef B
- › Heat: An Amateur's Adventures as Kitchen Slave, Line Cook,... by Joe Banneke
- › Haute Cuisine: How the French Invented the Culinary Profession by Joe Banneke
- › Saddleback College - Food and Nutrition Department by torchskitchen
- › Mountainland Applied Technology College - Culinary Arts by mikelikefood125
- › The French Laundry Cookbook by Sian
- › Art Institute of Dallas by Kenneth Goldber
- › Architec Gripperwood 10-by-15-Inch Gourmet Sheesham Cutting, Board by laurenlulu
- › How to add a culinary school to ChefTalk.com
- › Culinary School Review Contest
- › The Strain Gauge: The Heart of the Digital Scale
- › Cutting Board Review Contest
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part IV ...
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part III ...
- › Cutting Bell Peppers: The Elegant Solution
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part II ...
- › The Unsung Heroes of the Kitchen
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part I An...