A small spherical shellfish that is covered with pointed spines. The bright orange roe that is found along the inside wall of the sea urchin is what is eaten. The roe has a strong ocean/iodine flavor coupled with a noticeable sweet and fatty quality. It is eaten raw or pureed into sauces.
Related Forum Threads
- culinary student needs help identifing french term Last post on 9/28/10 at 11:29am in Food & Cooking
- Bechamel Sauce Last post on 3/27/15 at 6:41am in Food & Cooking
- Preserved chillis - how do I do? Last post on 5/6/10 at 10:13am in Food & Cooking
- what does DECONSTRUCTED mean? Last post on 12/1/14 at 2:40pm in Food & Cooking
- Le Poêler - cooking technique Last post on 11/16/14 at 10:14am in Food & Cooking
Currently, there are 156 Active Users (7 Members and 149 Guests)
- › 80 Seat Restaurant / $6,000 Rent / $30 Per Person Check Average /... 41 minutes ago
- › Have any of you seen this before? 56 minutes ago
- › How do I cook food so it tastes good days later when it's reheated... 1 hour, 9 minutes ago
- › Well I'm at an interesting crossroads... 1 hour, 12 minutes ago
- › Do you charge gratuity for delivery, drop off and set up catering... 1 hour, 43 minutes ago
- › September 2015 Challenge: Cheese 1 hour, 49 minutes ago
- › need a price for a hundred people brunch 2 hours, 6 minutes ago
- › What's the standard % for bonus? 2 hours, 7 minutes ago
- › Chef shortages ??? 2 hours, 21 minutes ago
- › Advice for pricing late snack, light breakfast, full lunch for 20... 2 hours, 21 minutes ago
- › The Art Institute of California - San Francisco by stevenvhayden
- › Le Cordon Bleu USA by flacook
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by MichaelJKane
- › Pop Up Grill Barbecue portable télescopique 280 mm by Pete
- › HRC Culinary Academy, Bulgaria by konvict
- › Escoffier Online International Culinary Academy by Anthony Eugenio
- › Chinese Garnishes / Adornos Chinos: With Platter Arrangements / Con... by MillionsKnives
- › Mercer Cutlery Genesis 8-Inch Chef's Knife by harrisonh
- › Umami: The Fifth Taste by ChefTorres87
- › J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College by the1culinarykid
- › Pineapple How To
- › Family Meal: Feeding the Crew on the Cheap
- › Restaurant Menus: The chorus of the kitchen
- › Kitchen Technology: Internet of Things is Not...
- › Managing the Management: How Cooks Can Cope
- › True Cooks
- › What does Shake Shack's ChickenStack...
- › On the Road with Dega Catering and the Dave...
- › Fourth of July: What Would George Eat?
- › How to add a culinary school to ChefTalk.com