A small spherical shellfish that is covered with pointed spines. The bright orange roe that is found along the inside wall of the sea urchin is what is eaten. The roe has a strong ocean/iodine flavor coupled with a noticeable sweet and fatty quality. It is eaten raw or pureed into sauces.
Related Forum Threads
- culinary student needs help identifing french term Last post on 9/28/10 at 11:29am in Food & Cooking
- Bechamel Sauce Last post on 3/27/15 at 6:41am in Food & Cooking
- Preserved chillis - how do I do? Last post on 5/6/10 at 10:13am in Food & Cooking
- what does DECONSTRUCTED mean? Last post on 12/1/14 at 2:40pm in Food & Cooking
- Le Poêler - cooking technique Last post on 11/16/14 at 10:14am in Food & Cooking
Currently, there are 273 Active Users (6 Members and 267 Guests)
- › What did you have for dinner? 37 minutes ago
- › Shelf Life of Fried Pastries? 38 minutes ago
- › Introduction 1 hour, 14 minutes ago
- › Hi 1 hour, 21 minutes ago
- › Cooking Alaskan Whitefish 1 hour, 36 minutes ago
- › Hello! 1 hour, 38 minutes ago
- › Best mac and cheese recipe 1 hour, 44 minutes ago
- › Home Cook starting a Catering Venture - new to Chef Talk! 1 hour, 56 minutes ago
- › HELP! Kenwood KMM770 Chef Major Premier vs KitchenAid Pro Line... 3 hours, 39 minutes ago
- › A Hiromoto find 4 hours, 39 minutes ago
- › CounterArt Bamboo Cutting Board by Fablesable
- › Hi-Soft Cutting Board 33.1"x15.4"x0.8" (84x39x2cm) by MillionsKnives
- › Larch Wood Buffet Cutting Board PROBUF by panini
- › Maple End Grain Chopping Block 15 x 15 x 2 by MillionsKnives
- › Catskill Craftsmen Super Slab with Finger Grooves by MillionsKnives
- › John Boos 24 by 18 by 2-1/4-Inch Reversible Maple Cutting Board by panini
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by chefmike25
- › Progressive International 17.5" X 11.25" Cutting Board by Nicko
- › Le Cordon Bleu USA by mdal2684
- › The Coconut Miracle Cookbook: Over 400 Recipes to Boost Your Health... by Cami
- › Cutting Board Review Contest
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part IV ...
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part III ...
- › Cutting Bell Peppers: The Elegant Solution
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part II ...
- › The Unsung Heroes of the Kitchen
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part I An...
- › Mentoring New Cooks
- › Leaving the Business: The Dark Side
- › Infiltrating The Kitchen!