A culinary herb which is distinguished by its small green leaves and purple flowers. It is very aromatic and is one of the classical herbs used in seasoning. Often it is added to a reduction so as to perfume the reduction. Thyme can be easily removed by holding one end of the herb, pinching the stalk with the your other hand and sliding your index finger and thumb down the length of the stem.
Related Forum Threads
- culinary student needs help identifing french term Last post on 9/28/10 at 11:29am in Food & Cooking
- Bechamel Sauce Last post on 3/27/15 at 6:41am in Food & Cooking
- Preserved chillis - how do I do? Last post on 5/6/10 at 10:13am in Food & Cooking
- what does DECONSTRUCTED mean? Last post on 12/1/14 at 2:40pm in Food & Cooking
- Le Poêler - cooking technique Last post on 11/16/14 at 10:14am in Food & Cooking
Currently, there are 284 Active Users (3 Members and 281 Guests)
- › Document Design 11 minutes ago
- › Grinding Spices 11 minutes ago
- › MenuPro menu printing software or the like??? 30 minutes ago
- › Thai curry: how to make sure it becomes oily? 41 minutes ago
- › Truth about Cinnamon 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › What did you have for dinner? 1 hour, 9 minutes ago
- › The October 2015 Challenge is . . . . PIE 1 hour, 14 minutes ago
- › The causes of tart shell shrinkage 1 hour, 21 minutes ago
- › Dinner 4 Cancer Help ,,, 2 hours, 19 minutes ago
- › Asking for advices/tips 2 hours, 28 minutes ago
- › Le Cordon Bleu USA by karenlhall
- › The International Culinary Center - New York by Chef-Nicholas
- › Professional Cooking by motty
- › Ecole Nationale Supérieure de Pâtisserie by FollowUrHeart
- › The Art Institute of California - San Francisco by stevenvhayden
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by MichaelJKane
- › Pop Up Grill Barbecue portable télescopique 280 mm by Pete
- › HRC Culinary Academy, Bulgaria by konvict
- › Escoffier Online International Culinary Academy by Anthony Eugenio
- › Chinese Garnishes / Adornos Chinos: With Platter Arrangements / Con... by MillionsKnives
- › Top Ten Cooking Myths
- › Why Do You Cook?
- › Pineapple How To
- › Family Meal: Feeding the Crew on the Cheap
- › Restaurant Menus: The chorus of the kitchen
- › Kitchen Technology: Internet of Things is Not...
- › Managing the Management: How Cooks Can Cope
- › True Cooks
- › What does Shake Shack's ChickenStack...
- › On the Road with Dega Catering and the Dave...