A culinary herb which is distinguished by its small green leaves and purple flowers. It is very aromatic and is one of the classical herbs used in seasoning. Often it is added to a reduction so as to perfume the reduction. Thyme can be easily removed by holding one end of the herb, pinching the stalk with the your other hand and sliding your index finger and thumb down the length of the stem.
Related Forum Threads
- culinary student needs help identifing french term Last post on 9/28/10 at 11:29am in Food & Cooking
- Bechamel Sauce Last post on 3/27/15 at 6:41am in Food & Cooking
- Preserved chillis - how do I do? Last post on 5/6/10 at 10:13am in Food & Cooking
- what does DECONSTRUCTED mean? Last post on 12/1/14 at 2:40pm in Food & Cooking
- Le Poêler - cooking technique Last post on 11/16/14 at 10:14am in Food & Cooking
Currently, there are 186 Active Users (3 Members and 183 Guests)
- › A food dream 1 minute ago
- › August 2015 Challenge - Eggplant 7 minutes ago
- › Summer 2015; your food & drinks 22 minutes ago
- › I NEED AN EFFICIENT PROFESIONAL CHEFS KNIFE ASAP!!!!!!!!!! 3 hours, 27 minutes ago
- › Rack Ovens 4 hours, 7 minutes ago
- › Beginning a new job/career--- need advice! 4 hours, 55 minutes ago
- › My first quality knife set 5 hours, 8 minutes ago
- › What's your impression of sous vide? 6 hours, 2 minutes ago
- › How long can you run a KA pro? 6 hours, 12 minutes ago
- › just starting as "sous chef" 6 hours, 23 minutes ago
- › HRC Culinary Academy, Bulgaria by konvict
- › Escoffier Online International Culinary Academy by Anthony Eugenio
- › Chinese Garnishes / Adornos Chinos: With Platter Arrangements / Con... by MillionsKnives
- › Mercer Cutlery Genesis 8-Inch Chef's Knife by harrisonh
- › Umami: The Fifth Taste by ChefTorres87
- › J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College by the1culinarykid
- › UNLV William F. Harrah College of Hotel Administration by harrisonh
- › Oregon Culinary Institute by Carrie'
- › Le Cordon Bleu USA by wangxing
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by Chef B
- › Managing the Management: How Cooks Can Cope
- › True Cooks
- › What does Shake Shack's ChickenStack...
- › On the Road with Dega Catering and the Dave...
- › Fourth of July: What Would George Eat?
- › How to add a culinary school to ChefTalk.com
- › Culinary School Review Contest
- › The Strain Gauge: The Heart of the Digital Scale
- › Cutting Board Review Contest
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part IV ...