A culinary herb which is distinguished by its small green leaves and purple flowers. It is very aromatic and is one of the classical herbs used in seasoning. Often it is added to a reduction so as to perfume the reduction. Thyme can be easily removed by holding one end of the herb, pinching the stalk with the your other hand and sliding your index finger and thumb down the length of the stem.
Related Forum Threads
- culinary student needs help identifing french term Last post on 9/28/10 at 11:29am in Food & Cooking
- Bechamel Sauce Last post on 3/27/15 at 6:41am in Food & Cooking
- Preserved chillis - how do I do? Last post on 5/6/10 at 10:13am in Food & Cooking
- what does DECONSTRUCTED mean? Last post on 12/1/14 at 2:40pm in Food & Cooking
- Le Poêler - cooking technique Last post on 11/16/14 at 10:14am in Food & Cooking
Currently, there are 222 Active Users (6 Members and 216 Guests)
- › Making smoothies creamy without banana or dairy 1 hour, 8 minutes ago
- › July 2015 Challenge is . . . . SALAD 1 hour, 43 minutes ago
- › I need platters for tart presentation 4! 1 hour, 48 minutes ago
- › Suggestions for a smoker anyone? 2 hours, 46 minutes ago
- › PROFESSIONAL BAKING by Gisslen 6th ed 3 hours, 31 minutes ago
- › Advice/Recommendation on buying a stainless steel gyuto or... 7 hours, 51 minutes ago
- › Whatcha Cookin' Up This 4th of July? 8 hours, 38 minutes ago
- › country, baby back, regular 9 hours, 49 minutes ago
- › Looking for a santoku... 12 hours, 4 minutes ago
- › Popcorn Toppings 13 hours, 27 minutes ago
- › UNLV William F. Harrah College of Hotel Administration by harrisonh
- › Oregon Culinary Institute by Carrie'
- › Le Cordon Bleu USA by wangxing
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by Chef B
- › Heat: An Amateur's Adventures as Kitchen Slave, Line Cook,... by Joe Banneke
- › Haute Cuisine: How the French Invented the Culinary Profession by Joe Banneke
- › Saddleback College - Food and Nutrition Department by torchskitchen
- › Mountainland Applied Technology College - Culinary Arts by mikelikefood125
- › The French Laundry Cookbook by Sian
- › Art Institute of Dallas by Kenneth Goldber
- › On the Road with Dega Catering and the Dave...
- › Fourth of July: What Would George Eat?
- › How to add a culinary school to ChefTalk.com
- › Culinary School Review Contest
- › The Strain Gauge: The Heart of the Digital Scale
- › Cutting Board Review Contest
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part IV ...
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part III ...
- › Cutting Bell Peppers: The Elegant Solution
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part II ...