A basic mixture of oil and vinegar, usually in the proportions of 3 parts oil to 1 part vinegar. In English, it would best be translated from the original French as: vinegar and oil dressing. It can be flavored in a multitude of different ways.
Related Forum Threads
- culinary student needs help identifing french term Last post on 9/28/10 at 11:29am in Food & Cooking
- Bechamel Sauce Last post on 3/27/15 at 6:41am in Food & Cooking
- Preserved chillis - how do I do? Last post on 5/6/10 at 10:13am in Food & Cooking
- what does DECONSTRUCTED mean? Last post on 12/1/14 at 2:40pm in Food & Cooking
- Le Poêler - cooking technique Last post on 11/16/14 at 10:14am in Food & Cooking
Currently, there are 229 Active Users (0 Members and 229 Guests)
- › Transglutaminase 25 minutes ago
- › Using the boiling water from an electric kettle 30 minutes ago
- › Keep unused breadcrumbs from a batch used to make fried chicken? 40 minutes ago
- › The Caputo 00 flour has arrived. Now, it's time to make some real... 40 minutes ago
- › Central Asian freindly Cheap Buffet Ideas 58 minutes ago
- › Chocolate Pavlova help 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › Replacing my old Henckels utility knife 3 hours, 40 minutes ago
- › San Francisco 3 hours, 46 minutes ago
- › Knife Sharpening ... what am I doing wrong 4 hours, 11 minutes ago
- › Soup-ggestions? 4 hours, 17 minutes ago
- › The Art Institute of California - San Francisco by stevenvhayden
- › Le Cordon Bleu USA by flacook
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by MichaelJKane
- › Pop Up Grill Barbecue portable télescopique 280 mm by Pete
- › HRC Culinary Academy, Bulgaria by konvict
- › Escoffier Online International Culinary Academy by Anthony Eugenio
- › Chinese Garnishes / Adornos Chinos: With Platter Arrangements / Con... by MillionsKnives
- › Mercer Cutlery Genesis 8-Inch Chef's Knife by harrisonh
- › Umami: The Fifth Taste by ChefTorres87
- › J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College by the1culinarykid
- › Pineapple How To
- › Family Meal: Feeding the Crew on the Cheap
- › Restaurant Menus: The chorus of the kitchen
- › Kitchen Technology: Internet of Things is Not...
- › Managing the Management: How Cooks Can Cope
- › True Cooks
- › What does Shake Shack's ChickenStack...
- › On the Road with Dega Catering and the Dave...
- › Fourth of July: What Would George Eat?
- › How to add a culinary school to ChefTalk.com