or Connect

Posts by allie

I voted.  She's a cutie!
MaryB, I completely understand where you are coming from as I often google stuff like "ground beef"  "chicken breasts" and more just trying to get new ideas when cooking for my family.   The ground beef, onions, tomato, macaroni (and sometimes corn) dish is called "goulash" by people in Indiana, too.  I prefer the other type but my SO loves this one dish meal.     I had a recipe years ago for a cheeseburger pie.  I can't remember all the ingredients or...
I made a simple dinner of pork chops with caramelized onions and red peppers, macaroni and cheese, green beans, and brownies for dessert.  My SO isn't even home from work yet so my son and I ate earlier.  We saved the brownies to eat together as a family.     ROFL@Bill!      
I have found what looked like little clumps of dried mud in pintos.  I also rinse and pick out anything that looks suspicious.
I use mine on busy days.  I am not usually away from home for 8 or more hours so that's not an issue.  Yesterday was my daughter's last day at home with us.  I wanted to make a meal we could all enjoy but also spend time with he (we had spent hours in the kitchen together doing holiday cooking so didn't want to do that yet another day).  I used a small chuck roast to make a beef stew.  Yes, I had to cut and then brown the pieces of roast before throwing in the pot but...
I have been through several dental surgeries through the years and had to eat soft food.  The last time, I put almost anything in the blender and pureed with chicken or beef broth.  It didn't look that appetizing but it wasn't bad.  I wouldn't choose to eat pureed  grilled hamburger with bun and all the toppings but it tasted pretty good when I couldn't bite and chew well. I did the same to roasted chicken breasts with bbq sauce and quite a few other foods.  I didn't...
I had some garlic and herb goat cheese so put it on some pork tenderloin medallions last night and attempted to melt it on top in the oven.  It didn't really melt well and was also gritty.  I'd like to know what caused that, too!  The pork was good with a drizzle of balsamic reduction on top.
I grew up in rural southeast Georgia.....in Vidalia onion country.  I attended a rural county high school in what was considered a poverty county where my graduating class had 75 students and it was predominantly a farming community with no industry.  Until I heard it on tv, I never head "y'all" used as a singular pronoun, only as a plural.  Even here where I live in southside Virginia,  I don't hear "y'all" as a singular.  I never spent much time in the mountain south so...
Oops forgot to add that I did put garlic in the marinade, too!  We had roasted potatoes with rosemary, salt, and pepper and steamed green beans with them.  BTW, my son is only 11.  Last night, he was asking when we would have lamb or veal again.  I made veal parmesan a while back and he loved it.  SO didn't think we would like either lamb or veal.  He will eat veal but said he tried lamb years ago and didn't like it.  Sometimes, he is harder to please than the kids!  I...
Ok, I marinated the lamb chops in lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, and marjoram (didn't have any thyme after all).  Then I seared them and cooked a little longer but not much at a lower heat.  They were still very pink in the middle.  My son and I LOVED them!!  He is all excited and wanted to know when we could have them again!  Thank you all very much for your advice.  I look forward to cooking more lamb in the future and will try various recommendations when I...