or Connect

Posts by allie

The other board I'm on has a ton of active members so it's not always quick to find a person's posts to send a pm the fast way. If they're on the friends list, then it's faster than searching for them and some of the names are spelled strangely or have various capitals and punctuation that makes it more difficult to just type their name in the pm box. I don't really use that function but I have seen a lot of people mention that it's made things easier for them. On the...
I don't have any friends here but do on some other forums I frequent. The only advantage that I see is if you private message someone often and they are on your friends list, you can do it a little faster by clicking their name. I don't know if that's how it works on this software or not. Sometimes I feel that some treat that friends list like they do Facebook, myspace, etc. and it's more a popularity contest. I'm the evil one that goes through and mass deletes people...
I forgot to add that I put in a sprinkle of cinnamon and a dash of nutmeg!
Well, I put a cup of water and a cup sugar, then cook it down until it starts reducing. Then I add the berries (either fresh or frozen, whatever is on hand) and cook a bit more until they start popping and then puree with the immersion blender. We use it a tablespoon or so at the time and I reheat it every time since my family loves it warm. It gets thicker each time I reheat.
Just wanted to tell you that I've been making a variation of your blueberry syrup for a couple of months now. My family loves it! My 16 year old daughter refuses to eat pancakes or french toast without it now. Thank you!
I've always drained on paper towels, too. That's how my mother and grandmother did it so that's how I do it. I will have to try the rack the next time I fry something. I have seen racks at Dollar Tree that would probably work pretty well for this purpose. I have one but it's not very big....maybe large enough for a dozen cookies if they aren't too big. lol
I have to agree with you on that! As I tell my own school-aged children, if I wanted to do homework, I'd be in school myself. It also bugs me to have people posting recipes or links to recipes when they're only spamming for traffic to their own site or blog. Either contribute something useful or do what I do most of the time, read and learn and be quiet!
I have asked on many forums about a recipe for something I want to make. I can't tell you how many times I've had someone actually google a recipe for me. If I ask, it's because I don't want to waste money and time on a recipe that might not work. I have no problem with someone giving me to a link and telling me they have made the recipe before and it's a good one or someone who is more experienced than I am telling me why it will or won't work. I can google myself but...
I have a Wolfgang Puck grill/griddle and I enjoy using it. I've been using it for over two years now and have had no problems with it up to this time. It's better to use low fat meats or there will be some smoke. I don't have a working exhaust fan in my kitchen so use mine near the window. I like the fact that it's not just an indoor grill. I just used the griddle part this morning for pancakes and sausage.
That sounds good, Kirsten! I do love cream cheese, onions, lemon, and pepper!