or Connect

Posts by AngeliaB

Becoming a Chef by Andrew Dornenburg (Author), Karen Page (Author) Culinary Artistry by Andrew Dornenburg (Author), Karen Page
AmeliahB let me first applaud you on your interest in culinary school. I attended this school and graduated with a Certificate in Culinary Arts. Institute of Culinary Education | Culinary Arts, Culinary School, Pastry, Baking, Management and Cooking School in New York City In my personal experience after graduating from culinary school i can tell you this. It does not matter a single bit what type of degree you have from a culinary school. this is why i feel this way...
Its very true what Jbd has said, If you really want to learn then you will cooking school or not. I know alot of places offer various 'skill' clases or 'technique' classes nowadays. the most popular being Knife skills. Another thing you can do and im not to sure how effective this will be for you and its also something im about to do. Go to a restaurant and ask to volunteer a day or two in their kitchen. this way you can ask questions or ask to be shown a technique by...
Its a great school in the middle of manhattan. their are alot of wonderful chefs from a wide range of backgrounds and they are all very friendly and will talk to you and answer all your questions. The workstudy is great simply because you get to see the school and work with all the chefs before you even attend a class with any of them. I loved it and would definitly reccomend it to anyone looking to attend culinary school. If you do the workstudy program, then all of...
Hi I'm from California and I want to go to ICE because of the work study program. On average how long does it take to get into the work study program and how long does it take to complete it? it all depends on the time you have to give to the program. I chose to do my workstudy slowly and I was working two other jobs as well so i did workstudy for a year and a half. I have known people to come in though and do their workstudy in 6 months. It is set up like a...
was that the original one you tried to post?? I googled it and that is what i got. hope it helps :)
English-French gastronomy glossary
I work at a hospital and we get cakes from a vendor who does not do so well with the sugarfree products. Soo I am trying to figure out the best way to find a vendor who could provide my hospital with sugarfree desserts. Any ideas? I am in Dallas TX by the way. thanx in advance
Culinary school is great but you must remember that they are only there to teach you the basics and technical skills, after that you must apply what you have learned and that takes time as well. I attended culinary school and I loved it.
The salary can vary depending on how you apply yourself and where you apply. Most hotels will start you off anywhere from 9 to 12 an hour. restaurants will be along the same lines some will probably pay a bit more but not much. and yes starting off as a prep cook is the best thing for you. It will teach you basic skills like knife usage and how to judge the food your handling on a daily basis. As far as moving up well that is a whole nother thing in and of...