or Connect

Posts by DMT

Alec, I dare say that what you are describing as "authentic mexican tacos" in places such as Chicago and New York are concoctions created to blend in with what the locals "think" is Mexican food. As others have said, there are variants to the food, depending on the region of Mexico that is represented (Baja, Sonora, etc...), but your description of cilantro, onion and lime as ingredients is not what I've experienced as traditional Mexican fare. I'd recommend a bit of...
For a very quick embellishment, you may wish to toss in some ground beef done up with some taco seasoning...
What sort of "atmosphere" is your pub/restaurant?? Number of seats? Geographical location? Local favorites that folks come to expect?? The description of the menu "sandwiches, soups, chowder, salads and some stand-by standard pizza to keep the tourists happy" is a bit vague, yet you're considering adding another sandwhich... I'm not trying to come off as nit-picky, but soup/sandwhich/salad/pizza is sort of generic, and can be represented in many ways... Our family...
Soul?? What soul??? Oh... Well, one time it had to do with mixed beverages. Mojitos had just become SWAMBO's preferred drink, and I'd read the instructions once... Had some friends over, and SWAMBO was raving about how good these things were, suggesting that I make myself useful, and go create some libations for the group. Now I'm a guy who *writes* instructions for very technical stuff, so you'd think I'd know how to read them. Especially if they are in English....
I dunno, I kind of like to have a person or two (maybe even three) near the kitchen when I'm cooking. It sort of proves to them (in a*very* minor way) that not all men are idjits when it come to preparing food. However, sometimes it doesn't always work out for the best. But that's another story for another time... I enjoy working alongside my wife when preparing a large (holiday) meal, and I'll let her make all the command decisions (or let her think she's the...
Window = Must Have... Light = Must Have... We went 15 years with the cheapest stove the builder could find/install, and it didn't have either a light or a window, or a timer, or self cleaning finction, or ANYTHING other than the four basic coil burners and a crappy oven... We survived, as did the majority of the food cooked with that POS, but then we got a decent electric (if there is such a thing) that has everything necessary (for us spolied types). When you...
Not enough gratuitous sex to keep it interesting... :)
As an ancillary element to making the best turkey ever, I would recommend having one other person in the kitchen to act as "helper", so that the primary cook can maintain focus on the bird. Someone to wash pots, pans, and knives as they are used, so that the entire compliment of cooking apparatus/tools are available through out the preparation of the meal. It can become frustrating when your sink(s) are cluttered with crap, and you find that you need "something"...
As a update to this saga, here's where we are so far... Just after the last post, out of state family members started coming into town to say their "goodbyes" to "T", and the household was pretty full for a few weeks. They all seemed to be taking care of things so we just sort of waited until things calmed down a bit. Shortly thereafter, "T" was taken to the hospital to get some help with pain management, and stayed there for a few weeks, until the medicos suggested...
I must be odd, but I enjoy an "oil can" of Fosters when it's one of the choices available, and it's also marketed here in the U.S. as, "Foster's, Australian for beer." As a representative beer of the United States, I'd like to nominate Moose Drool, from Big Sky Brewing... Big Sky Brewing : Home Try it sometime when you're feeling a bit brave. :beer: