or Connect

Posts by amazingrace

I have been using Wright's Copper Cream for years with very good results.  I have both some solid copper accessories and tin-lined canister set.  I have never noticed any tiny scratches or abrasions from that product.  It's a little hard to find in my area,  so I stock up whenever I see it on the shelf. 
Hello everyone.  It's been a while since I visited here.  I'm glad to see so many of my old friends.   Hubby and I listed our home of 20 years (it's still for sale),  and had a new place built closer to our daughter and her family.  Closer also to facilities that we need now or will need in the future.  The kitchen has all new stainless steel GE Profile appliances.  The range has induction cooktop with convection oven.  It's an absolute joy to use!  I hit the floor in the...
Hi durangojo!  Right on!  HubbyDearest and I went to a favorite place recently,  and the waitress smelled like she had bathed in cheap fragrance.  It was so strong that I swear I could even TASTE it.  I'm with you...I want to smell and taste my food,  not the server.
I had no idea that soapstone cookware was available.  They certainly are elegant looking.   My knowledge of soapstone is limited to the sink that was in the basement where I grew up.  It seemed to be durable,  but I had the impression that it was also soft and would tend to absorb liquids (stains, chemicals, etc) more readily than other materials might.  In that view,  perhaps you might want to do some research.  For instance,  if you make a casserole that is heavy with...
The GE Profile 36" induction cooktop is getting good customer reviews.  In my new home I will have a GE 30" Profile induction range with convection oven.  It gets mixed customer reviews,  but Consumer Reports gives it high marks.  I'll post a review when I've actually used it. 
I know....seems odd that I could love my Kenmore range (circa 1971),  probably made by Whirlpoo,  and dislike the Whirlpoo range we bought in 1994.  But it's true.  The Kenmore range met all my expectations,  performed beautifully, and never gave me any grief.  The other one has not been nearly as good.  A few years ago,  we happened to acquire another identical range from a gal that was giving it away.  Ours was much better in appearance (cleaner, fewer dents and...
Maybe Whirlpool has improved their ranges since 20 years ago.  I have not been happy with mine,  especially since I was spoiled by the Kenmore that I loved. (HubbyDearest wanted to "try something different"... whoa...why did I let that happen?  He doesn't cook!  But I digress.  I'd had my range less than 2 years when the rarely-used oven malfunctioned.  Bad thermostat.  Expecting that there was a decent warrantee on the thing,  I called Whirlpoo.  I was told that the...
I have 2 induction single-burner cooktops that are a joy to use.   Now that HubbyDearest and I are building a new home,  I will finally get the induction range that I've been lusting after for a number of years.  I was looking at the Kenmore,  but the builder's appliance package includes a GE Profile as a choice,  so that's what I'm going with.  Consumer's Report show similar reviews for both.  I already have a set of induction-compatible cookware,  and a number of odd...
Victor,  I would not consider anything as small as 5 quarts.  Five quarts is the capacity of the BOWL,  but the actual amount of food that can be typically processed is much less.  I made this mistake.  Even though I am a home cook,  and usually don't need to process large volumes of food,  I am sorry that my food processor is not larger than 7 quarts.  While it's not a really big deal with dry or even "semi-dry" foods,  it is very important for liquids.  Because your...
A couple of years ago I found a Fagor pressure cooker in excellent condition, for $7.99.  Over the years I've scored many things at yard sales and thrift stores.  I hardly ever find anything I might be looking for specifically,  though.  It's always a surprise what I'll discover.