or Connect

Posts by Shimmer

I would love the recipe, thanks. I wonder if the problems have to do with chickpeas being a protein rather than a grain? ~~Shimmer~~
(By the way, Shroom- we are hoping to be in St. Louis in October... how late does the market go?) Well, I ordered some chickpea flour from Bob's Red Mill, and the other night I made tomato-lentil soup and chickpea flour crepes. They had turmeric, scallions, and coriander in them, but no oil, only water and flour. As a result the directions instruct the use of quite a bit of oil for each crepe. I wasn't happy with that, I felt like it was way too much fat content for...
As many of you know, I used to work for a chocolate shop, for an award-winning chocolatier who used no preservatives and was always trying new things from her travels, etc. I like to think I know what good chocolate tastes like. And I get excited about chocolate! So this past weekend, my husband read about a place on the border of Indiana and Ohio so we drove there. They sell chocolates out of the front of this little farmhouse (where the chocolate is always...
These are all great ideas, thanks so much. Now lets say I found some Alaskan smoked salmon I forgot we had been given, and wanted to somehow incorporate that. What would you suggest then? ~~Shimmer~~
Sort of a Hero Sandwich Serves 8 To transport this sandwich, place it on a round board or flat plate, and wrap tightly in plastic. Unwrap and slice just before serving. 1 large round loaf bread 6 large portobello mushrooms, stems trimmed to 1/2 inch Olive oil, for brushing Salt and freshly ground black pepper 1 large fennel bulb, thinly sliced 7 medium tomatoes, cored and sliced 1 small red onion(4 ounces), peeled, thinly sliced,...
So without the meat, help me think of combos. First you scoop out some of the bread. Drizzle with red wine vinaigrette? Then what? Doesn't the drizzle make it soggy? Can I include some kind of cheese? ~~Shimmer~~
I'm grasping at straws here. I once saw a cooking show (might not have been on the cooking network) where they made picnic sandwiches. They involved french bread, and you made the sandwich and let it sit overnight for the flavors to really intensify. I can't remember the ingredients but was interested in makign something similar for this weekend. I believe the one I saw had meat, I'd need one without it. Do you know what these are called, or any recipes...
For my birthday, my husband got me a computer game called Pizza Tycoon, or something like that (he looked for SIM CIty Restaurant but apparently it won't come out for a few years). You get to design your restaurant, decorate it, hire your "staff," and design the pizzas. I know its slightly limited in its scope, but interesting just the same! You have to deal with mobsters and impressing the mayor and stink bombs and rats, and figure out how to make the atmosphere and...
When I am sick, I always crave salad. I think that might mean I am missing out on vitamins? For colds: orange juice, oranges, and orange sherbet. Lemon zinger tea with a ton of honey Chinese food! (hot and spicy) For stomach: Ginger tea and Saltines (ew, but not at the same time) From my Mother, the smell and taste of 7UP is so associated with being sick I cannot stand to have it except for when I don't feel well. =) My husband always wants icecream when...
I would check www.epicurious.com or www.foodandwine.com for examples. I get weekly e-mails, and they are always advertising cool trips to take, either to take actual cooking instruction from pros in other countries, or to take a food tour. ~~Shimmer~~