or Connect

Posts by siduri

Thanks VeryTasty, that sounds nice, but this one didn;t have bacon, and there was definitely something milky, like sour cream or yoghurt or something. 
Following up on Ordo's quest for that layered desert, the thought of "swiss broyage" (the base of dacquoise) came to my mind and wouldn't leave it.  I kept imagining what it would taste like.  I had a craving that wouldn't go away and unfortunately every weekend since i've been busy mainly with work.  So finally i made it sunday.    Seeing ordo's picture, it made me think of 2 nutty meringue layers enclosing a thick layer of whipped cream or bavarian cream.    I was...
Thanks Mary.  I think there was no mayonnaise or miracle whip in this, it felt lighter, and milkier, but of course, it's hard to say.   Keep in mind, though, that the german immigration was a very long time ago, and recipes tend to morph gradually over time using local ingredients and methods.  Yeah, i know about the usual warm potato salad, but this was different too.
Ok,  thanks french fries.  I didn;t know that.
I love tea and after about 1:00 i will start drinking it and drink it all day.  Strong and with milk and sugar.    I only like one kind, long leaf, unbroken orange pekoe (orange being the color not the flavor) and i buy it by the kilo.  There's a particular brand from turkey (originally no doubt from sri lanka but imported through turkey) that is incredibly cheap and incredibly good.  I think the long leaves release less of that bitter tannic flavor and more of the...
Just what would you recommend searching, then, picturetone?  Baking?  and how many items do you think would come up - thousands?  millions?  billions?  not much helpRivera,  i suggest you ask for something more specific, and we will be happy to help.  What do you want to bake?  is it that you've tried baking and haven't had success, or do you not know how to begin?  I have some simple recipes for the beginner, if you want to try them but i'd need to know what you want to...
Thanks Phatch.  I don't think my son's german is up to it yet, but maybe i can ask his girlfriend who has become more fluent.    Thanks for the ideas, i planned to experiment but wanted to know if anyone had recipes that sounded a little like these.  I don;t think they have mayonnaise, the creamy part is completely white, not yellowish.    The green one is not, as you suspected, the one you posted, but is actually green.  It almost seems as if there were cooked...
I wanted to find recipes for these salads I've had in Berlin.  My son lives there so i go often and we often go shopping on Karlmarxstrasse and stop at Kropp, a deli with stand-up tables  Maybe this is irrelevant, these may just be standard German salads but I only have had them there.    I hate to eat standing but it's worth it there to get some fried fish and these salad sides.  .  These are probably just ordinary in Germany, but I've never been to other parts of...
wow, ff, those are really creepy!   There are sicilian cookies called ossa dei morti, the bones of the dead.  KIds in sicily traditionally got their presents not at christmas nor at the befana (epiphany) but on all soul's day, halloween - deriving from some remnants of ancient Roman ancestor worship - the dead grandparents or great grandparents left gifts for the kids on the graves, along with the bones-of-the-dead cookies.  I don't know much about it but I imagine it's...
Yes, the more butter melting on top of the finished pancakes in your plate, the better.  But not in the pan!