or Connect

Posts by siduri

I second both of those!!!
I notice there are VERY few vegetables.  Try to open up into more traditional food.  Most people in the world have always had to live on subsistence budgets, but their food is popular and tasty.  I can make some suggestions from Italian food.  You'll have to rethink your premises - e.g. that the meal rotates around meat and if there isn't enough money for meat, you have the same meal minus the meat.  But that doesn't work.    Soups are good - try minestrone, lentil soup...
Thanks for the good word, kaneohegirl, but i don't really know this cake.  The Italian pastry shops abroad have different stuff than what they make in Italy, sometimes, though they may make this but I'm not a fan of sfoglia (puff pastry) so i may not have had it.    Sfoglia usually means puff pastry.    I looked at a few italian cooking websites and what i can see is that it may be a layer of puff pastry, a layer of i believe it's st honore filling (a thick pastry...
do eat: chocolate bread with and without butter milk (with tea and coffee mainly) tea and coffee (only with milk) cheese sweet, juicy fruit in season (oranges, peaches, clementines, certain pairs (conference and coscia) plums, prunes, watermelon, pineapple, melon)     could eat (and why i don't every day): steak (too expensive) roast chicken (too much work and i like otehr things too) pasta (babar the elephant) tomatoes (good ones) (there aren't always good...
Ok, dillbert, so most of what she says is about butter as an air carrier, to help lightness, which is not the case here, since it's not being beaten at all, but also she mentions coating the flour so it doesn't produce gluten and makes a more tender cake.  And that oil makes a moist cake (for me, that's not moist but oily - very different - i've had oil cakes and don't generally like them, but oil stays liquid at room temp, and butter becomes semi-solid, and maybe in the...
Probably most of the time it's fine, but botulism is as deadly as it is rare.  It's not a question of "getting sick" - it's a question of dying.  So, while i'm reasonably careful of not getting salmonella or food poisoning (which might put me in a hospital, but given my pretty strong constitution will not likely kill me), botulism is something i'm really afraid of. 
Thanks thor, but look again at my actual question.  I'm talking about the difference between FOLDING IN soft butter vs  melted butter AT THE END OF THE MIXING, Like in a genoise, you don;t cream butter and sugar, you beat eggs and sugar, fold in flour and then melted butter.  But i think folding in softened butter makes a much better cake. 
Most of the people in the world are vegetarians, i'd guess, just that it's not by choice. 
I usually put part of the sugar in the whites, so that i can make them first and they won't deflate while they sit.  I often make spongecakes beating the whole eggs with the sugar, and not folding in the whites at all, and if i use the kitchenaid and beat them really well so they're really thick and pale, i find it comes out fine.  It's a little better if you separate them, though, but the difference is not that much considering that i don;t ever just eat spongecake but...
I, too, have a soda stream, Koukou.  I love bubbly water, and the city water of rome is great - tastes better than the bottled-in-plastic stuff, so we now make our own.  I have an occasional coke outside too (not diet, though, it makes me sick) when it's in a party or reception or something.  I used to drink a lot of it till one day i realized it was SOO sweet it disgusted me.  I would actually love for cocacola to make an adult coke, not with saccharine but with simply...