or Connect

Posts by siduri

Well, most people in north america live far from stores.  I could get everything i need here in Rome without ever stepping on a bus, never mind a car, and in the early times i was here, i shopped every day at local stores and street markets, as there are in every neighborhood.  I wasn't working outside the home then, or only a couple of hours a week.  Italy is primarily urban, even in small centers, while americans always spread out widely, and there are NO local stores. ...
ok, this time it worked.  One computer expert told me when things go wrong with computers, everyone thinks it's some electronic or logical or scientific explanation that must be behind it.  But in fact, he said, it's simply that inside the computer there are tiny little creatures, little men if you will, who like to play tricks.  I think that's the most elegant scientific explanation, occam's razor and all that.
OK, ice man, you have to show me how you did that.  How come i could get only one of the three, and then if i changed the spacing around (sometimes pictures overlap and they cancel each other out) i got another picture instead of the one the first time.    However, weirdly, the first one you put is not the one i had posted, or at least, not the one i thought.  The one i thought is a diagram of the insides of the moka.   I presume you clicked on the link.  sorry everyone,...
What kind of oven do you have?  I noticed that scorching happens often with fan ovens.  I hate them for that, personally.    I roast a whole uncut chicken (or even turkey) at about 450  for the whole time.  If the top is getting too brown, i just fold a piece of foil and lay it loosely on top - otherwise wrapping it makes it soggy and the crispy skin is the best part.    Our chickens here are much smaller than the giant things in the US; i don't remember the weight,...
that opens a whole other topic, "healthy" food.  When people say "i want some recipes for healthy xxx" or " i want to make my yyys healthier" - you never know what they mean.  Often they mean no sugar but plenty of chemicals, or no real food, but plenty of highly processed "light" products ("light" cheddar).  And then there is also the question of who is it healthier for.  If i have diabetes, high blood pressure, low blood pressure, peanut allergies, overweight or...
anybody know what difference adding soft butter as opposed to melted butter to a batter at the end?
I was always shocked, going back to the states, to find that 70% of people's refrigerator space was dedicated to soft drinks, usually with saccharine and other crap in them, and that they gave this stuff to kids. 
What is biology food, nicko? 
this is annoying, i can't post the pictures even on another post  here are the...
That's a "moka" Chris.  And believe it or not, Chris, pretty much EVERYBODY makes coffee that way here.  There are far fewer home espresso machines than there are Mokas.     Yes, we have three of them, one cup, three cup and 6 cup, though now both my husband (Who is actually Italian) and I rarely use them unless we have italian guests for dinner and one wants an after dinner coffee.  We used to use them for caffe-latte in the morning before it was possible to find any...