or Connect

Posts by ChefRob

Nico. Great call! Site template looks great, easy to disseminate information and navigate around. I am sure all your readers, as am I are looking forward to your migration to to the new site and platform. Best of luck with it all n c ya soon... cheers, chefRob
boychef, Sounds like you have a bit of a problem... "I thought of steaming it for a short period of time with the plastic wrap on so that the protein outside can coagulate and hold it's shape. Then i seal it and finish in the oven. But i'm afraid due to the moist cooking method, the breadcrumbs inside will turn all soggy during steaming." Out of the 3 methods you offered this one looks the best but you may want to rethink the breadcrunb filling. There are other fillings...
How's this one, Red Oaxacan Chicken Mole Ingredients: 1 4-5# fryer chicken, fricassee 3 – Dried pasilla chilies, stemmed and seeded 3 Dried ancho chilies, stemmed and seeded 2 New Mexico chilies, stemmed and seeded 1 – Chile de arbol (opt) ½ - Onion, chopped 3 tomatoes, blanched, peeled and seeded ½ cup pecans, toasted 1 corn tortilla, dried out and chopped 3 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped 2t – Cinnamon 1t – Allspice 3 – Whole cloves 3T – Ground...
Jook, yes that is the best way (IMO) to eat them. They are cured with lime, black tea and charcoal ash and take 100 days to cure, not 1000 years.
New wife, Marsala wines, in general are much like a good sherry. Loaded with alcohol (they are fortified wines) they ofter add a bit of sweetness to dishes that use them in the recipe, once you have burned off all that alcohol. Another good option, thought not to style would be to use a Pinot Noir from California. They also tend to add some sweetness to dishes cooked with them and can be found for 5 to 7 dollars all along the West Coast. If that doesn't fit your budget...
You might want to try this, Mango and sweet rice sushi (its a take on the classic Thai dessert). 3 cups - sweet (sticky) rice 1.5 cups - coconut milk 1 cup - sugar 2 teaspoons - salt 2 each - mangos, peeled and sliced Rinse the rice well and soak in room temp water for at least 6 hours, best of overnight. Place rice in a (thai) rice steamer and steam until done, this usually takes 45 minutes or so. In a large pot, place the coconut milk and bring to a boil. Add the...
If you are into Fois Gras or are able to find it your syrup would pair well with it. Toasted brioche, micro greens and perhaps some fresh currants and the syrup.
Mezzaluna, Thanks for the greeting. I will enjoying this site to its fullest. Best regards,
boychef, I think that organizing this event is a great lesson for you in menu planning. Most hotels/resorts/restaurants work on tight budgets and you have to be able to get the most for your money. With that said, along with your ideas you should consider the following, Noodles Pad Thai - very low cost item Soups Minestrone Gazpacho Corn chowder Salads Fresh tomatoes with basil pesto Panzanella (Tuscan bread salad) Entrees Chicken mole (Mexico) Thai curries...
boychef, Yes where are you? By using the "100 pax" I am gonna say somewhere in Asia (along with your menu choices). I worked in Vietnam for a year, if you are near please respond and I'll offer up some buffet items that we offered at the resort. Cheers.