or Connect

Posts by SGMChef

Salutations CakegirlUK!   So you want to make a Crouquembouche. eh…          If you really want to be the "go to" person in the UK known for your fantastic classic Crouquembouche, you would have to dedicate the resources (pounds)  to construct an air tight presentation "box" with a perforated false bottom where a desiccant (TY Chefpeon!), like indicating blue silica gel, could be stored to keep the hygroscopic caramel from breaking down. It would actually take the...
Hi RyanPal,        I am one of THOSE people that love flexibility. After 35+ years in commercial kitchens I am finally in my retirement house. I have indeed bumped my hip on a stationary islands and gotten tired of always having to walk around an island. The attached photo is my answer to having an island in a kitchen. I went with a portable island. It has 3", end grain, maple top as a work surface and cherry cabinets with adjustable shelves. If I am doing vegetable prep...
Hi ChefGraz!        Like any situation there are good and bad aspects. I was in a similar situation to yours although I was working two jobs. One was a private Country club doing really good food that required a person with advanced training and at night I was a more of a production manager that made twice as much money but served mediocre food. I was miserable and could not understand those dynamics.         You work for an international group? Well, how about...
Hi xashley, This question is too easy,  WORK FOR FREE!I worked at  a family meat market, while I was a student, because the meat lab at school would not be finished before graduation.The dad and brothers did the cutting, the mom and daughters ran the counter. I explained WHY I wanted to learn. "I need to know this to be a chef". Psychologically you are saying "I want to learn, so I can be like you". That appeal to Ego is tough to beat! I learned a lot and they still paid...
It does if you use tootsie rolls! The poor mans Chocolate plastic... I made a rose for my insurance agent, while I waited once, out of a little tootsie roll. I came back 8 months later and it was still there so I made her another. Location: Summer in El Paso, Texas,
I look forward to hearing your review of coffee and the rest of the meal! Bon Apetite!
OK, to answwer the question "what is the best way to save proteins of cooked meat?" Don't cook it! Heat disupts the hydrogen bonds of the protien. Also don't change the pH because it alters electrostatic interactions between charged amino acids. Don't mess with the saline content either! But actually, none of these agents breaks peptide bonds... Soooooooooooo, exactly what are you actually trying to do?
How does this scrap of paper help you? If you are already a member of the AuCF, why not. But I would still only persue it if it is the direction you are planning on going. That is delving into the political world of cooking. (MY opinion: I think the American ACF certs are a joke, except for the Pastry Chef.)
Been there... The difference was I was an 18 year old and learning from a "white hair", my term for an OLD Chef. I was learning so much I stuck with it. This does not appear to be the case with your situation. The only reason to tolerate a high level of abuse, in all its forms, is if you are doing some serious learning in the process. Good luck and go find a Chef position.
Sounds delicious! Java Honey For more "flash" how about "Heavenly Honey", it provides an uplifting experience... I have been to your website and you haven't really gone for a flashy and hip naming protocol so far. Maybe you are planning on renaming your Sage honey to "Wise man honey", it lends sage advice to your recipes... I think the details about the inclusion of the beans could just be in the description and image. The product can do the talking. But what do...