or Connect

Posts by SGMChef

Hi xashley, This question is too easy,  WORK FOR FREE!I worked at  a family meat market, while I was a student, because the meat lab at school would not be finished before graduation.The dad and brothers did the cutting, the mom and daughters ran the counter. I explained WHY I wanted to learn. "I need to know this to be a chef". Psychologically you are saying "I want to learn, so I can be like you". That appeal to Ego is tough to beat! I learned a lot and they still paid...
It does if you use tootsie rolls! The poor mans Chocolate plastic... I made a rose for my insurance agent, while I waited once, out of a little tootsie roll. I came back 8 months later and it was still there so I made her another. Location: Summer in El Paso, Texas,
I look forward to hearing your review of coffee and the rest of the meal! Bon Apetite!
OK, to answwer the question "what is the best way to save proteins of cooked meat?" Don't cook it! Heat disupts the hydrogen bonds of the protien. Also don't change the pH because it alters electrostatic interactions between charged amino acids. Don't mess with the saline content either! But actually, none of these agents breaks peptide bonds... Soooooooooooo, exactly what are you actually trying to do?
How does this scrap of paper help you? If you are already a member of the AuCF, why not. But I would still only persue it if it is the direction you are planning on going. That is delving into the political world of cooking. (MY opinion: I think the American ACF certs are a joke, except for the Pastry Chef.)
Been there... The difference was I was an 18 year old and learning from a "white hair", my term for an OLD Chef. I was learning so much I stuck with it. This does not appear to be the case with your situation. The only reason to tolerate a high level of abuse, in all its forms, is if you are doing some serious learning in the process. Good luck and go find a Chef position.
Sounds delicious! Java Honey For more "flash" how about "Heavenly Honey", it provides an uplifting experience... I have been to your website and you haven't really gone for a flashy and hip naming protocol so far. Maybe you are planning on renaming your Sage honey to "Wise man honey", it lends sage advice to your recipes... I think the details about the inclusion of the beans could just be in the description and image. The product can do the talking. But what do...
Good for you eloki! Here are some thoughts from one that has gone down that path. You are the Chef. Remain humble enough to accept input, but you still make the decision. Don't be afraid to hire on others that may SEEM to have more experience, you are still the Chef; they will have their own work to do. Have a meeting to let your former co-workers know that you will still be friends up to the point of getting the job done, but you are now the chef and this is a...
Hi there Shroomgirl! I didn't see this on the list, so I thought I would throw this at you. Lebkuchen would have the desired effect on a bunch of older Germans! It is about as traditional as it gets for Germans at Christmas time. Lebkuchen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Lebkuchen Wet ingredients 1/2 C honey 1/2 C molasses 3/4 C packed brown sugar 1 T lemon juice 2 tsp lemon zest 1 egg Dry ingredients 2 3/4 C all-purpose flour 1 tsp ground cinnamon...
Hi Nicko, Short answer, no. Options, I was at Menards and bought a 3 foot dowel for 18 cents, They had smaller, suitable for rock candy, dowels for 12 cents each. These can be cut with a sturdy pair of kitchen shears. Another option could be just using some Bamboo skewers. Just a few thoughts from the edge....