or Connect

Posts by jayco

In my opinion you just can't go wrong with Biscotti. It's very design is for longevity, it ships well and tastes great. It's not difficult to make and you can flavor it almost anyway you like. You can also throw in nuts, dried fruit, etc. There are many, many recipes.
I'm from Alabama, in the deep south of the U.S, and to us this is a biscuit. I guess there is a U.S. scone and a U.K. scone. The scone I prefer to make is tender, flaky and can be either sweet or savory. But it's the flakiness that sets it apart from a biscuit. I suppose the best description would be a cross between a southern biscuit and pie crust. Jim
If I don't want to fire up the grill one of my favorite ways of having a burger is to add a pan sauce. After fryin' up the burgers I just add a cup of stock (real stuff, not from a can or box) and scrape up the fond. Reduce by about half and stir in a pat or two of butter. Really great!!! Jim
I'm assuming that since you're from the UK that "mince" is what we refer to in the U.S. as ground beef or hamburger. If that's true then there are a gozillion recipes. You could try a search with the term "ground beef recipes" and find more than you could try in a life time. I would never tire of the 3 you mention however. Jim
Welcome to the forum Dangel. I'm new here myself but it is a great place. I'm sorry I can't help you with culinary schools. I'm interested in Philly Cheese Steaks though. In fact last night I watch Bobby Flay doing them! Since you are from Philly I was hoping you could give me some home grown insight. Thanks and have a great day Dangel.
I like to load up a saltine with a couple of oysters and then sprinkle liberally with tabasco sauce. Delish!!! And I always eat the whole can. I'm gonna' try the pasta thing. Sounds like something I would like.
My name is Jim. I'm soooo glad I found this forum. I actually joined yesterday but I've been spending my time browsing. I'm retired and a very enthusiastic home cook. I can tell from my browsing that I will learn much from the forum. Hopefully I'll be able to contribute as well. Have a great day. :)