or Connect

Posts by aguynamedrobert

Remember that you have to "temper" your chocolate... Robert Chocolate Guild :: The Chocolate Connoisseur's Home Base
If a professional kitchen is dirty it just shows laziness. I highly respect chefs and crews that keep and perfectly clean kitchen because that is the part that many people just brush aside and decide not to do their job to the best of their ability.... Robert Chocolate Guild :: The Chocolate Connoisseur's Home Base
Depends on what type of R&D you want to do. You can be a Chef in R&D or a Food Science Professional in R&D. If you want to be a R&D Chef then you just want to gain as many skills in your specific craft/area of interest. If you want to do the food science end then I would suggest getting right into a low position in a food science position... Robert Chocolate Guild :: The Chocolate Connoisseur's Home Base
Hello Adayinthelife, I would have to agree with Cat Man. To get to an R&D position it will probably take a minimum of 5 years experience. They usually want someone who has gone through making all the usuall stuff and has had time to master their craft. So then that person can master new things and make changes because they know the product so well... But definitely shoot for that goal. If you want to be in R&D then make that goal to be in R&D within a certain amount...
Products Page 7 Have a good one, Robert Chocolate Guild :: The Chocolate Connoisseur's Home Base
I know this would never happen but I would love to get show that is comprised of talented sous chefs looking to make that next leap. All of them being of top quality as well and not just brought in for drama. Of course that won't happen but I would love to see the cooking and the kitchen with that kind of team... As for this season I think Melissa, Brad, and Rock are top 3. Robert Chocolate Guild :: The Chocolate Connoisseur's Home Base
Hey Everybody, Is anyone watching the Season Premier of ****'s Kitchen tonight? I'm hoping this season turns out good...A lot of times these shows just go for drama so I am hoping this season has some good chefs with good attitutes... Anyone else watching? Robert Chocolate Guild :: The Chocolate Connoisseur's Home Base
Hey Everybody, Well I was just informed that "Askinosie Chocolate" now has fine chocolate bars available for sale. They are a new American fine chocolate brand out of Springfield Missouri and they have one bar out right now from Ecuador...I' receiving samples shortly so I'll tell you what I think of their bars but you can also order them for yourselves on their site if you like... I have high hopes for this company so check them out... Askinosie Chocolate Askinosie...
Hello Everyone, I was pondering a question today and wanted to get a concensus. What category are you all in out of these two? Do you like "Eating Chocolates" or do you like "Chocolate desserts" and things made with chocolate? I would love to hear some answers to this...I know a lot of people that buy by the bar and buy single origins but I also know people who don't do that at all and only use chocolate in their recipes and really like their chocolate that way.... ...
I'm sorry...I made my question very unclear. I was wondering about pairing a dark chocolate bar with a cup of coffee...basically pairing both things hand and hand but not mixing them... Robert Chocolate Guild :: The Chocolate Connoisseur's Home Base