or Connect

Posts by Culprit

EVO, EVOO - Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Some feel the acronym is used to impress, others believe it's legitimately used as a shortened form of the full description. But you'll see it quite often on this and other forums, in recipes and in culinary discussions. Don't let it overwhelm you. EVO isn't, IHMO, as vital to the culinary arts as some would have you believe. Besides offering a special (and quite wonderful) flavor to some prepared dishes and having a relatively...
Trying the recipe at a lower temperature may help. But I'd preheat the oven to 400 prior to placing the prepared batter into the oven. 400 degrees isn't unusual for cakes or cake like baked goods. A moderate oven temperature ranges from 350 to 400 degrees. Muffin recipes often call for 400 degree temperatures, as do many biscuit and coffee cake recipes. Baking at higher temperatures does affect the shelf life of your baked goods. If your going to keep the baked goods...
First of all, buy medium or small eggs. The whites of smaller eggs contain less water so, whatever you decide to use them for, they'll be more dense. You could use them for a facial (if you're into that kind of thing) or you could use them in an Angel Food Cake (they take lots of egg whites - and the whites from the smaller eggs will stiffen up better because of the reduced water content). How about making a Meringue to top your favorite pie? There are many uses for...
One of my first culinary instructors was a former Army cook. He could prepare a scrumptious meal whether there were five guests or five hundred guests. His advice for scaling recipes was to prepare the necessary quantity of food by simply multiplying the ingredients to fit the scale and let your taste tell you what needs to be adjusted. That did not, of course, apply to baking issues. I've never prepared a meal for five hundred, but I have prepared them for 200 or more...
1/4 cup mayonnaise 1 tsp vinegar 1/8 tsp turmeric 1 Tbsp ground mustard
Shel, I believe what Myplaceoryours meant by "quality" bread crumbs is something like Panko (also know as "Japanese Bread Crumbs") or a variety that isn't corrupted with a bunch of flavoring and seasoning. Those are things you can decide upon when you create your recipe. That said, there are a number of types of bread crumbs. Some are simply dried bread, others are toasted, etc. If you're going to make your own I'd suggest using a good quality sweet or sourdough bread...
The wording of your post tells me you're using an espresso machine and not making stove top espresso. Basically, machines have a water reservoir into which a measured amount of water is poured and a basket into which espresso grind coffee is tamped. When the machine is turned on it passes water through the basket and espresso coffee drips into a small cup below the basket. The amount of coffee used for the espresso, commonly called the "pull", is a matter of personal...
I liked Emeril's original program format and respected him for his professional abilities. It offered a serious adult level approach to food preparation and I looked forward to watching his program. I don't watch him any more. His show is, IMHO, is a culinary farce of slapstick comedy. If I want that kind of entertainment I'll watch the Three Stooges. But I must also admit that, having once been a loyal viewer of many programs on HGTV, (which is the source of Emeril's...
It's possible you either over heated it or cooled it too fast. When your ganache gets too hot the oil divorces itself from the chocolate and rushes to the top of your preparation. That, as well as cooling it too fast, is what usually causes it too look dull. Also, don't send your ganache directly to the frig. cause that'll cause it to separate. Let it cool to room temp. before you drop it in the cooler.
http://www.starchefs.com/jade_range/html/index.shtml http://www.consumeraffairs.com/mailp.../maytag02.html http://www.jadestoves.com/