or Connect

Posts by Culprit

Dry rice shouldn't go "bad", as long as your keep it dry. Rice can, of course, go "bad" after it's exposed to liquid - but they call it Sake:crazy: OK, enough cute stuff. I've heard of, but never tried, exposing rice to microwave treatment before storing as a method for destroying any creatures that might be lurking within the grains. Personally, I keep only a small amount of rice in the cupboard (about a quart jar) and store the remainder in the freezer. Never have any...
I was preparing a cheese sauce this evening and made the mistake of allowing the milk to become overheated. Added the grated cheddar cheese and, bingo, broken sauce. Glumps of cheese in a bath of cheese colored milk. I've had a few similar experiences in the past (fondue, etc.) which resulted in my simply throwing the mess in the garbage and starting over. This evening I decided to experiment with a solution and, IT WORKED. So I thought I'd share it here. I simply allowed...
Having once been a fan of Emeril I don't watch his show very much at all any more. He seems to have distanced himself from cooking with a greater focus on entertainment. I don't watch cooking shows for entertainment. Another Food TV show I no longer watch is Alton Brown's Good Eats. I believe Alton Brown is an exremely talented culinary artist, but he is not a comedian by any stretch of the imagination and the slapstick antics on his program ruin the entire experience...
Hi Egeefay. I'm wondering if there are any Thai recipes that don't light a fire on the pallet. I enjoy the flavors of Thai food, especially when the include peanuts, but I'm alergic to those terribly hot spices (can't do the hot chili thing either and even "mild" salsa sometimes runs over the limit for me) and would like to try something with a Thai flare without the heat. Got any suggestions........
Thanks for inviting me to join your forums on this site. I love food. Eating is OK; but cooking is my passion. I've been cooking for fifty five years and never get tired of it. Looking forward to sharing what I've learned and learning more about food preparation and serving.