or Connect

Posts by Culprit

Note that the word "oil" doesn't appear in this recommendation. You can try oil, then make a batch using "fat". You've got to experience the difference to fully understand it.
Send me a PM, please, and let me know how you posted that pic. Tnx...
Well, Thanksgiving is far too long gone for me to have any left over turkey, but I'm gonna pick up some turkey breasts and light the oven. This recipe has got to be a winner... :lips:
Making excellent bread by hand is accomplished routinely by many people. My grandmother made excellent bread, without a recipe, several times a day. She had a "feel" for it. Some of us got it; some don't. I am just one of those people who don't got as much of it as I'd like to have. You may have the talent to make excellent bread by hand and I encourage you to try it a number of times to determine how well you perform and how much you enjoy the process. Then, if you...
As Greyeaglem mentioned, if you've got a tough piece of meat the pressure cooker is a great tool. It will also overcook vegetables; if you like them that way. Some restaurants (chicken fast food places come to mind) use pressure cookers to cook their product quickly, then dip it into a batter or other coating to deep fry it. I don't know many cooks that use pressure cookers today (everyone owned one in the 50's ;) ) and given the cost of a quality pressure cooker...
Well, as it turns out, not everyone has expert ability in every facet of the culinary arts. When I make bread from scratch I get satisfactory results, but I don't get excellent results. :o Therefore, when I find a device that can make bread as well as I can, I'm sold. My bread machine was a gift. It's a Regal Kitchen Pro Model K6747 and what I like most about it is that it makes very good bread while I'm busy preparing the rest of the meal. It's sold by Regalware and...
I believe that, if you do some research on the two types of chocolate, you will find that their components differ significantly. As I recall, white chocolate contains no cocoa, only cocoa butter. Perhaps your research will explain what went wrong in your recipe.
Seems to me that, if drawn butter is simply melted butter, we'd call it "melted butter". Why would we need a special name for it? When a recipe calls for drawn butter, I use clarified butter. When it calls for clarified butter, I use clarified butter. Never had a problem following this line of interpretation. Seems a lot to do about nothing...
I've never found any difference in the flavor of sauces made with organic ingredients vs those made with common good quality produce. IMHO, as far as flavor is concerned, organic is more marketing hype than meaningful culinary advantage. Here's a tomato sauce recipe that I like that might put some ideas into your head. Your idea for adding other ingredients, like roasted peppers, is a good one. Just be careful not to add too many creative ingredients at one time...
Looks to me as though you've already got a pretty good handle on the recipe. Only thing I can see that's missing would be the amounts of each ingredient. Go for it. Heck, if it doesn't work as well as you'd like you haven't lost anything but a little time and a few ingredients. Try: http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/j...-lettuce-wraps