or Connect

Posts by LindaT

I live about a mile high, where there is lots of snow and sub zero temps in winter. I grow a surprising amount of basil, parsley and thyme on the small shelf between my kitchen faucet and an old double pane, but essentially uninsulated, window. Two inexpensive self watering rectangular planters were giving me a little trouble with plant damage in winter, until I placed a row of plastic "pillows" salvaged from pkg. shipments between the planters and the window. That...
My mom, who grew up in a Mexican household, used the Spanish "coo me no" pronounciation. In later years, she began to use the English version, pronouncing it "coo men." I've always pronounced it "coo men."
I had a Salter at one time. It was ok, but didn't really impress me. I had a hard time reading the digital display without a backlight. I've had an Escali model 136DK for about a year now and love it. It has a very bright backlight and an easy to read digital display. With a 13# capacity, it's just an all around basic scale that does the job it was designed to do.
Sorry for the double post!
Do be careful with raw uncooked egg as an ingredient. His immune system is most likely compromised, leaving infection a constant threat. There are protein powders that can be added to shakes. They are really helpful, but often not very palatable and have to be used in small quantities or disguised with flavors such as chocolate. Most patients do not like strong smells at this stage in life. Often nausea is a frequent visitor and strong smells make it more...
Do be careful with raw uncooked egg as an ingredient. His immune system is most likely compromised, leaving infection a constant threat. There are protein powders that can be added to shakes. They are really helpful, but often not very palatable and have to be used in small quantities or disguised with flavors such as chocolate. Most patients do not like strong smells at this stage in life. Often nausea is a frequent visitor and strong smells make it more...
Now you're talking about the kind of chorizo I grew up on. The original mystery meat. :)
We raise our own beef and I make chorizo from that ground beef. It's really good.
You've probably already planted your garden by now but here goes. Cow manure will do fine but be aware it will bring weed seeds with it. Just a fact of life. You're not going to change your soil much this year, but over the next few years, if you continue to amend your garden with manure, and any other organic matter you can find, you'll see a nice difference. Grass clippings from lawns that haven't been recently treated with chemicals, leaves, straw, and even...
The description of the texture of the meat, plus the taste makes me wonder if the meat isn't all or part chorizo.