or Connect

Posts by danno

Mbcakes I think as long as the room in which they are going to be sold isn’t to hot they should be fine. I think but I may be wrong and im sure someone will correct me but I think that chocolate and chocolate products are best stored between 65 and 72. there are cases that a specially made for chocolates which maintain a specific temp range. I would think that the truffles as long as they are covered to keep dust off they should be good for a month. Good luck Danno
Wendy, you bring up a couple good ideas. I realize it isn’t my business, and to just throw stuff away every day stuff I know that could have been saved with the proper equipment doesn’t make any sense to me. Yeah I will collect a check every other week, but it is just hard for me to take that approach to a job. Another thing you brought up something I don’t like to think about, those jobs from the past, and what if I would have stuck it out, where would I be today, ahhh...
Hi Wendy, you are right, she has no experience in running a bakery. She has no real hard experience in the food service biz. I think she went through the TGIFridays training program or it was one of those chains. For the past 10 years she sold health insurance. She does have a business plan. And according to her business plan to be profitable we need to be selling 56 cakes and pies a day and also 104 box lunches. Now also part of her business plan the pricing of the cakes...
Hi Michelle nice web site, you do really nice work. Severasl years ago i worked in a whole sale shop in N C where we supplied coffee houses, hotels, the universitys, and restaurants. We did all finishing in the am and did all the baking in the afternoon and any cakes that were baked fron the previous day were 75% finished then wrapped and frozen then we coukld just pull them and finish them as we needed them. where im at now without a freeezer we will just about have to...
I think as long *** you are in a lagre city you should be able to go to any local restaurant, hotel supplier and get what you need as long as you pay cash I have done that several times Danno:D :D
I think as long *** you are in a lagre city you should be able to go to any local restaurant, hotel supplier and get what you need as long as you pay cash I have done that several times Danno
Thanks Momoreg and Wendy, I never thought of trying to do Digital photos but I think that Wendy may be right, that there is a lot of time involved. Also that wouldn’t go with the owners Nostalgic Theme the owner s selling and marketing point is on Nostalgic. Most of the cakes and pies that we opened up with are nostalgic type desserts. Surely we are not doing those kinds of numbers at this point, but those numbers are part of the business plan. What we have realized at...
Hello everybody. I would like to get your trusted and valued opinion on a matter that im sure that you are all familiar with. I started a new venture recently with a new company which is for now small. Our menu consists of about 10 different items cakes and pies. Now the owner, which is my direct boss, had initial projection of selling about 50 cakes and pies a day. We weren’t looking to hit those numbers right off the bat but she wants to get close to those numbers as...
Hello everyone the book im looking for is out of print, I use to own it but sold it a few years ago. the title is Dessert au Creux de l'Assiette. if anyone has this book and may want to part with it I would love to either purchase or would consider a trade. I have a outstandiung collection of pastry books . thanks danno
Hi Wendy, Can you be more specific about what kind of molds you are looking for Danno