or Connect

Posts by Myplaceoryours

Artichoke Spread 6 ounces marinated artichoke hearts finely chopped 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan or Romano cheese 1/3 cup EVO 1 clove garlic, finely chopped Spread this onto Triscuit crackers and top with a slice of pimento stuffed green olive. Or spread it onto lightly toasted slices of sourdough baguette. Just adjust the quantities to fit the number in your group.
BIG BRAN MUFFINS 1 1/2 Cups whole wheat flour 2 Large eggs 1/2 Cup all purpose flour 1 1/3 Cup buttermilk 1 Cup bran 1/3 Cup oil 1/3 Cup melted butter (not margarine) 1 Cup wheat germ 1/2 Cup molasses 5 tsp baking powder 1 medium sized ripe banana 1 tsp baking soda 1+ Cup raisins 5 TBS sugar 2 tsp cinnamon 1 cup medium chopped walnuts (optional) Moisture comes from sugar, eggs and oil (fat) so these are the changes I might make in the recipe. ...
How about a heart shaped macadamia nut cookie with a chocolate "kiss" on top? Or maybe a Scrupelle topped with a kiss of honey and a bit of sweetened cocoa?
I believe you could use the Fuji in place of the Winesap and perhaps the Jonathan or Rome Beauty in place of the Baldwin. Have you considered using either a Pippin or Granny Smith for your recipes? Just an idea.
I prefer to make my own mustard so I try to avoid using commercially produced mustards whenever possible. I could fill a pantry with the many styles of mustard that are available today and still not have the flavor I'm looking for. Making mustard is extremely easy. When you make your own you never have that old jar of prepared stuff resting in the cupboard with crust growing between the lid and the rim of the jar; or between the lid and the threaded glass top of the...
I don't see what advantage there would be to preparing your own bread crumbs for a meat loaf. They are incorporated into the mixture and cook along with the meat so, unless you're looking for a specific size for your bread crumbs, I'd suggest you stick with those quality products that are commercially available. You could sear one side of the loaf (I'd use a very hot cast iron pan) for a couple of minutes and then bake the loaf on a rack. Bake at a high temperature (400...
There are as many ways to convince children to eat healthy foods as there are children. I love onions; I loved them when I was still in diapers and I enjoy them regularly. When our daughter was a small child I introduced her to onions - she still hates them. Our grandson will eat broccoli. He won't eat it if it's cooked but he will eat it raw. However, he insists on dipping it into ice water before he takes a bite. That's OK with us. There is more to enjoying...
I have two very good recipes but, rather than post them here, I've posted them on the recipes forum (don't want to get in trouble with the moderator):lol:
http://www.foodsubs.com/Misc.html
I think that, over time, I must have cooked using nearly every variety of alcohol available. Most of the Italian meals I prepare include wine as a part of the recipe and, of course, at the dinner table. I've even used wine in puddings. German recipes that I prepare often get a shot of wine, or beer, and I use cognac in my bouillabaisse. Cooking does not, of course, remove all of the alcohol but the amount of alcohol remaining is so small that it doesn't rate for...