or Connect

Posts by OahuAmateurChef

Welcome to the forum! Your school sounds very interesting. Which Asian foods would you say they focus on mostly? Would you say Philippino?
Pho King--that's funny! Anyone heard of this restaurant:
I have never tasted or made a crudite before. I had a Giada De Laurentiis recipe for grilled, sliced zucchini & crookneck squash (the market didn't have crookneck and instead I used opo squash). Using olive oil, lemon juice, dried thyme, minced garlic, Hawaiian sea salt & pepper, I sliced and marinated the veggies in the refrigerator. Later, too hungry and lazy to cook, I couldn't resist nibbling on them. Wow! What an incredible flavor! The squash has such a mild,...
Zora explained it all excellently. I'd avoid trying to duplicate the particulars of Polynesian/Hawaiian food, and instead focus on a few more familiar items that will appeal to party goers. I still have years to go before I will be proud of my signature Hawaiian dishes, but intend to never include spam among them, even as popular as it is. I see it on the menu often, but I still have never tasted hot-dog sushi. There are some great recipes here, at the Hawaiian electric...
Find a second opinion! I highly recommend giving Chinese medicine a try. You are blessed with the cultural variety that is New York. What do you have to lose? On one of your days off, take the train into Manhattan and ask around in Chinatown. Go against the grain a little. Do this! This is very personal, this is all about your personal health! Your opinion will always matter more than anybody else. Find a respectable herbalist/acupuncturist/doctor and let one of...
Watching this thread...
Considering I am half Irish, as far as potatoes go, I can think of one excluded, and incredible cuisine: Thai.:chef: To me, Chinese food can at its best, taste like a foundation of a great Thai dish, without the full flavor. Vietnamese has all of the fresh herbs, like in Thai, without the full flavor. Philipinno food tastes like somebody trying to make Thai food and they don't know how.:mad: No other food that I can think of (never tasted Indian yet) combines so many...
Do you think this is what causes Pyrex failures?
Has anyone had pyrex explode on them? Any injury? I just found a list of what seems to be hundreds of stories of exploding pyrex here. This is alarming to me, as I own a few pyrex products, so I figured I'd ask about it here. Any stories to share?
This Everyday Food TV show? I couldn't see a white handled knife in any of their videos. Perhaps you could fire off a quick email to them here.