or Connect

Posts by Tango

Ah yes... the ambrosia of the gods! First, it is not a good idea to leave your wine uncorked overnight. It is also good to keep it refrigerated if you aren't going to be using it right away. The first rule I learned about wine was that red wines go best with beef dishes, and white wines go well with white meat and fish. When you experiment with wines and cooking, you have to use your palette to know what you like. It's really a personal thing. Try something new....
I fully sympathize with your concerns for the unsanitary practices at slaughterhouses and stockyards. Yet we have to realize that we as a nation have 360+ million people to feed a day and until legislation restricts the practices of these industries, they will continue to work in the most cost effective way for them. I always assume that all the meat I cook needs to be cooked thoroughly at 160 degrees. There will always be contaminants in any meat. Good post to bring...
Summer bar-b-ques are coming up. I would like to post this recipe for hot and spicy chicken wings for everyone who likes a snack with a kick... plus I am looking for a unique fruit salad recipe... no pineapples in it please. I thought this would be a good thread to list our favorite summer bar-b-que recipes for each other. Share your favorites with the rest of us here. Thanks, Tango. HOT-N-SPICY CHICKEN WINGS 5 lbs. bag chicken wings (drumettes) 12 fl. oz. Louisiana...
Here in Eastern Washington we have a multitude of fresh produce. This region is well known for apples. We have the famous Walla Walla sweet onions. Also we have a growing microbrew industry and many wine producers. Be sure to tour them when you visit the Columbia basin and Yakima valley. :chef:
I had an interesting cheesecake over Thanksgiving. It was a pumpkin cheesecake, and it had a layer of chocolate on the top and bottom. It had a graham cracker crust. Very delicious!
:lips: I like to add a little 'Southern Comfort' to my Hot Buttered Rum. Try it, You'll like it! Tango
Hello, I'm new to this forum, and I thought this was an interesting conversation. I am certainly not one to offer advice on being a chef, yet I can understand his doubt about being a good one. Artists work tirelessly their whole lives for the persuit of perfection. What makes a person truly great is always found in their heart. If you think you can do something, and you are willing to put forth the effort, then you are off to a good start. The drive to succeed is always...
I just posted my welcome message too. I hope you enjoy becoming a professional chef. Good luck in your endeavors. Talk later. Tango
Hi everyone! My nickname is Tango. I write articles about things that help the average person. Yes, people like you and me who need to know how to save money, prepare themselves for a brighter future and lead better lives. My quest for distributing the best information to my customers on cooking led me to this site. I hope to answer some of my most pressing questions on food preparation techniques. I wrote an article about Mexican food for the promotion of my Mexican...