or Connect

Posts by hollysmother

I researched Induction Cooktops when I decided I wanted a portable single burner while the kitchen was being renovated top to bottom. My still-not-finished kitchen will have a Bluestar range (gas), but I expect to use this pricey little unit even then. Sticker shock aside, these are the greatest things since sliced bread. Some people factor in the fact that you can't use your Copper Pots and Pans. Me, I expect to use mine when the Bluestar goes in, meantime I'm happy...
sp? Redoing my kitchen piece by piece, inch by inch, I've purchased 2 15 year old SubZeros (freezer + fridge), they are sitting in the living room while I save for a floor. I have not finalized a floor plan on this tiny old space but at least it's gutted. we eat take out food on a piece of plywood balanced on a garbage can base, tres bohemian, and I live on the North Shore of Long Island, no one would guess I live this way. Plywood floor, 100-year-old studs for walls, the...
While kitchen-shopping today I asked a professional chef his opinion about different floor surfaces. This is somethign I must do at least a thousand times before making a decision on anything. He mentioned something I have never heard of before - a black, roll out mat that he discovered a few years ago in a warehouse, used by workers who must be on their feet long periods of time and will do better on a mat than on concrete. "It's called a Cadillac mat," he said. "I...