or Connect

Posts by Rob P.

I ABSOLUTELY REFUSE to accept your "apology". I do not accept false apology's from those who use character attacks against people for posting their legitimate opinions and viewpoint. Such attacks are crude, rude, inane, inhospitable, improper and lack any semblance of manners to the point of being unredeemable. I, further, am DISGUSTED with the moderators of this forum for failing to remove your offending post and/or censoring you for making it. By your own words,...
Ahh, I see. APPARENTLY this is the kind of place where anytime someone disagrees in a thread then people are free to call them names and make unkind comments regarding their ancestry and other assorted disparagements regarding their personal traits. THAT'S NOT the kind of place I want to be a part of. So, I guess I'll be the one who leaves and those who remain are stuck with the ad hominem attacks, slurs and epithets, and flame wars. Be proud that this is that kind...
Well, I guess then you don't need to bother coming back here anymore since: 1. You're all "prepared to help yourself"; and, 2. Your snippy attitude does not add anything constructive to the discussion. Ta ta now.
The problem isn't that we aren't willling to help. It's that YOU aren't willing to help YOURSELF. You want us to feel sorry for you and feed you while you aren't willing to put energy into feeding yourself. "Fussy eater" my left eye! You say you eat fast food but do you KNOW what's in that crud? Calories? Fat? MSG? Bug and rodent parts and other horrible stuff? Not to mention the risk of hepatitis or something equally bad given to you for free from the minimum wage crew...
"A" is for Archimede. Archimede is a bottled name for a wine made from Nero D'Avola grapes. Grown in the Syracusa area of Sicily it's full bodied ruby red which pairs well with pastas, meats, and mild cheeses. Unfortunately that leaves another "E".
For pork loin roast I like to use a Rosemary rub. It makes a nice herb coating on the roast if you do it right. 3 cloves garlic, minced 1 1/2 tbls rosemary salt and pepper 2 pounds boneless pork loin roast 1/4 c olive oil 1/2 c white wine 1/2 c chicken stock or broth Crush garlic and mix with rosemary, salt and pepper. It should be a thick paste. If it's too thick, add some of the olive oil to it but not much. Coat the meat with the oil, then smear on the...
You have 2 different possibilites in your recipe idea. Are you making pork loin or loin chops? Your sort of suggesting both (at least to me). If you're making chops, then I'd consider you to be Ok with the rub and searing. I'd skip the cornstarch and make a roux instead and add that to the Onions and broth to make a nice thick tasty sauce for the meat and taters. I'd change the vinegar to a white wine too. Sear the meat, remove from pan, make the sauce (you want to...
Inglenook. Famous for inexpensive table wines. I live about 12 miles from Ojai. I think it's the water or something.... Next is a "K".
I do not drink wine (or other alcohol) and have almost no experience with wine other than when cooking. For me, it's hard to get past the alcohol burn when drinking wine to get to the flavors inside. For cooking, most wines in the $10-15 range are fine. When it comes to reds, I find that there are lots of different effects one can get from different types of red wine. Some Reds taste like burnt charcoal. I'm not kidding, burnt charcoal. "They" say it's an "oaky" flavor...
Yeah, they have celebs on all the time who then try to get you to buy their branded but overpriced cheaply made stuff. Or they're hawking a name brand product and using their celeb status to get people to buy it. "Hurry, hurry, step right up and get the same stuff as Paula Deen uses for only 3/4 of the price of a new and unblemished one. Free, but only to the next 2 1/2 callers who order this stuff, we also offer..."