or Connect

Posts by Ishbel

G'day, Phil! Glad you have joined us. We are a large community, with members from around the globe and all levels of cooking skills, so you'll feel at home. Please join in on threads you fond interesting, or start your own in the relevant forum. The three Professional fora are read-only for those of us who are not working in a culinary capacity. The articles, blogs, reviews and photography are all worth reading. My niece lived in St Kilda until recently and we...
Hello to a new member from the land of the long white cloud! The membership here is from around the world and all levels of culinary ability, so you'll fit in well. If you have a question, then just post it in the relevant forum, or feel free to join in on any topic you find interesting! There are three Professional fora which are read-only unless you are in a culinary trade. The reviews, articles and photography are all well-worth a look.
Coronation chicken was supposedly 'invented' for Queen Elizabeth II's Coronation in the early 1950s as a nod to the then British Commonwealth's Asian influences.
Hello. We're a group with wide ranging skills levels, from those just starting to cook to masterchefs! Feel free to join in on threads you find interesting or start your own topic in the relevant forum. I hope you dig into our archives, examine the photographs and read the reviews and articles on here. They are all worth spending time and can be a great source of information and inspiration. What are your culinary interests? ETA I see by another of your posts that...
Wonderful photographs, KK We may be going back to Corfu in late October... Depends on whether building work at home gets completed in time.
Hello and welcome! Our membership is spread around the globe and all levels of cooking skills, so lots to read here. Feel free to join in on any thread you find interesting, or start your own in the relevant forum, apart from the three Professions-only fora which are read-only for those of us not working in a culinary trade. The reviews, articles and photography all give inspiration to the home cooks like us! I knew a couple of very wealthy Bahrainis, many years ago in...
Welcome! Our membership is from around the globe (I'm Scots) and all levels of culinary ability from those just starting out to masterchefs! Feel free to join in on threads or start your own in the relevant forum. Please note that the three Professionals-Only are read only for those of us that are not employed in a culinary trade. The articles, reviews and photographs are all well worth spending time to view. Perhaps you should look at the culinary students forum,...
I always use lard for Cornish pasties. There's a place in St Mawes, Cornwall that sells pasties made by various women in the village. No two are the same, but all made to a traditional Cornish family recipe.
Hello, Bill and welcome to Cheftalk. our membership is from around the globe and all levels of culinary expertise, from those who can't boil an egg to masterchefs! Many of us are enthusiastic home cooks... I'm one of that band. We do have some vegetarian members here, too! There are three professionals-only fora, which are read only for those of us not working in a culinary trade. Feel free to join in on discussions on other fora, or start your own in the relevant...
Nicko Here's a site with a traditional Cornish pasty (locals prounce as pahhhstees!) recipe. Traditionally, pasties are crimped/plaited on the side although many commercially baked pasties baked outside the Duchy of Cornwall atre crimped on the top! http://www.cornishpastyassociation.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/recipe.pdf ETA I believe Cornish miners who emigrated to the USA took the tradition of pasties with them. I can't quite recall where but Michigan or Maine...