or Connect

Posts by Ishbel

Chris, It's the smell which is sometimes present, even in so-called day-boat wings and those gelatinous 'bones' that put me off. Your dish is similar to mine, but I usually serve it with small salad potatoes and broccoli. I usually prepare a finnan haddy in butter sauce for me when my husband requests the skate wings!
Whilst I don't like skate wings, it is sold in lots of restaurants here and I've even seen it on the menu in certain posh fish and chip shops in London. Mt husband adores it, so when I do cook it, I use a fairly traditional brown butter and capers sauce Here's a version I've used a few times. http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/skatewingwithcaperbe_84248
Hello and welcome to Cheftalk. Our membership is from around the globe, which means a wide range of culinary styles and expertise. I hope you can make time to read some of the articles, reviews and blogs on here. There are also some amazing cakes and pastries photographs. Join in on topics you find interesting or start your own in the relevant forum.
Dear Lord. Porridge, made from steel cut oats, and a wee pinch of salt and soaked overnight. Next morning Simmered in just enough water until tender. Pour into bowls, add a smidgeon of milk and a sprinkle of salt. No sugar, no fruit and certainly no chocolate. A whole nation cannot be wrong.
The night's are ferr drawin' in, as we would say, so tonight's dinner was haggis, with neeps and tatties and a little whisky/cream sauce.
Welcome to the site. Our membership is worldwide and all levels of culinary ability. Join in on topics you find interesting, or start your own in the relevant forum. There are a number of Professional fora, which are read-only to members not in a culinary trade! The blogs, articles, reviews and photography on here are all well worthing taking time to view. Hope to see you around the boards.
Hello, from another home cook! Lots to learn here and our membership spans the world and all levels of culinary expertise. Feel free to join in on threads you want, or start your own in the relevant forum. There are a few Professional fora which are read only for those of us not employed in a culinary trade. The articles, reviews and photography are worth exploring, as are the archives. Hope we'll see around the boards!
Hello and welcome to the site. Our membership is gathered from around the globe and all levels of culinary experience/skills. Jump in on ony thread you find interesting, or start your own in the relevant foru. The blogs, articles, reviews and photographs are all worth spending time to view.
Sylvia, two of us have already mentioned Cadbury's toffee eclairs, but I assume we're not on the right track because the OP is still looking for the caramels! Personally, I've never seen anything here in the UK like what is being described, but it's years since I've looked at toffees.
It's also a derogatory nickname they have for us British!