or Connect

Posts by Chris R.

If it's a job you really want, be persistent! Follow up applications and interviews with phone calls or visits. Take the initiative. Show that you want to work there and don't let them forget you. Just my 2 cents.
I got handed the same lines when looking at prospective schools. It was a real turn-off. "If you don't apply now, you might not get in!" I got that at CHIC and Il Inst of Art . I'm now attending full-time at Kendall, they gave me a little nudge (but I had every intention of attending that school) when I applied, which I can fully appreciate now, I think at the time it was really what I needed. So you might lose your application fee, it's better than losing a quarter worth...
Hi everybody. I received some great advice from these boards when I was searching for a school. I'm a career changer who's always dreamed of cooking professionally and due to an injury, I was able to leave my old profession. I've just completed my first week of school and even though I'm older than most other students, I'm totally loving being there. On top of that, if our schedules mesh, I'll be starting part time at a little bistro near my home, doing basic prep. One...
I use food grade mineral oil, it seems to work well for me.
Inhaling the gas from an empty canister can be fun.:crazy:
The $40.00 Dutch oven was the Target house brand, which I believe is only available on thier website. I searched the stores in my area (4 of them) and none carried it. I opted for the Le Creuset and although it may be a bit heavy for some, I have nothing but praise for this beauty. Being so versatile, I probably use it a few times a week, at least. I ended up purchasing it from Bed Bath & Beyond, who sometimes mails out 20% off coupons and they will accept any competitors...
I visited Kendall College yesterday and was thoroughly impressed. I've slept on it and have decided that this is where I'll be attending school. From the curriculum to the facility, it has exactly what I've been looking for. I'm glad I saved this one for last. I liked IIA and I was impressed by CHIC, but I was blown away by KC. Thank you, RAS1187, for your input, hopefully I can get my affairs in order and be there for the fall quarter.
Thank you, both, for your input. I appreciate your in-depth post RAS1187 and I'll definitly throw any questions I may have your way. So far, I've visited IIA and CHIC with plans to visit Kendall College. IIA was my first stop, I visited on MLK day, so the place was a ghost town. It was an informative tour and liked what I saw. The only negative was at the end of the tour I was treated to a speil from what reminded me of a high pressure used car salesman who insisted that...
First of all, I'd like to say hello to everybody. I've been lurking for a while and find this site very informative. I am an aspiring chef in Chicago and there are 2 schools that really have me interested. First, and the one I have the best feeling about is the Le Cordon Bleu program at the CHIC and the other is the Illinois Institute of Art- Chicago. They both offer associates in the culinary arts. One question that I have is: Are the Le Cordon Bleu credentials that I...