or Connect

Posts by nofifi

Ok, Lentil, first calm down, lol. Here's a good one, not too expensive, can be made mostly the day before and popped in the oven the last 45 minutes. I've used this when I've done 3 squares a day, plus appetizers for 42 golfers, 4 days. They always requested it year after year. I don't have exact measurements because I've been making it so many years, I just taste until it's right. BA-NA-DA 1-2" TRIMMED PORK CUBES (LEAVE ALITTLE FAT ON SOME FOR FLAVOR) GREEN...
Gonefishing: A tip for cleaning black appliances. Get a microfiber cloth!! I use only a brand called MagicMaid or MajicMaid. I love these cloths for all cleaning glass, etc. Never streaks, no chemicals, just hot water and squeeze as tightly as you can. I clean my outside windows in hot sun and they never streak. You can find these on the internet ranging from $10 to $12 each but they last forever!! The trick is never use bleach or fabric softener and just let air...
Congrats on your new home!!! Good luck with septic, lol. (Mine cost almost $50,000, yes...you read that right, but I'm on a lake and Dept. of Natural Resourses here have very strict regulations). I'm fleeing the woods, propane, septic, lake, for the city life in the next 20 days. "Darlin' I love you but give me Park Avenue" song keeps popping in my head, lol. Make sure you have that septic inspected, even with lots of land, it can be expensive. I'm sure you're going...
Thank you Jim for that poem, it is beautiful...I'm so sorry about Reba and yes, you're right...it's never easy. I lost 2 greyhounds within a year to bone cancer and had to do this before. The thing about Diaper Dog I just realized he's going to be 19 years old in June and he's had a very long good life. I made the appointment for next week and will stay with him until the end at the Vet's office like I've done with previous dogs, that's the least I can do for him. ...
Yes, Jayme, I'm up to my old Italian behind in boxes and junk...amazing what we creatures collect over the years (maybe this could start a new thread, lol). Still waiting the for loan to go through...gawd...I really dislike Bankers!!! (Another new thread, lol). I am going to Colorado right at moving time for a "family" vacation (not something I want to do right now or have time for either) but it would really disappoint and hurt some people if I backed out (even with...
Schroomgirl, have you ever thought of just teaching cooking? It's a shame I'm in the middle of moving to another state, otherwise, I would love to be the first in class. I'm not surprised at Kuan's abilities in the kitchen, you are right, you can tell through the threads. (I'm just a good home type cook who can never learn enough and I still get excited about learning more).
Heber, I really think that your cake will turn out wonderful because you're putting your "heart" into this cake. Just follow the hints everyone here has given you and then make your cake with the "love" you have for your family and it will be beautiful, even if it turns out alittle crumbly or lopsided, they will appreciate your effort and love you even more than they probably do already!! Good luck with your cake and let us know how it turns out...in the meantime,...
OMG, does this take me back...Every morning I would meet the Tastee Bread man at the store at 10 a.m., run home with the loaf of white bread and, fry up eggplant. Then at noon, I would have my husband bring home 2 Big Mac's and 4 Hershey Bars with Almonds. What my husband didn't know that I would walk down to the corner store where I would buy a box of 24 Hershey candy bars, hide them between the towels in the linen closet (just like an alcoholic, lol) and then burn the...
Kuan, stop in at Viviano's on the Hill (an Italian market) if you're at Volpi's Market. Also, another good market (on the Hill) is Urzi's Market (he makes the best, real Italian sausage). If you stop in at Viviano's stop in and ask for Johnny (he's my cousin) and he can tell you where to find the best Italian food around. Viviano's, Volpi's and Urzi's are all on the Hill in about a 2 mile radius. Also, if you have the kids with you...St. Louis Zoo is one of the finest...
Same here Cape Chef...really a selfish, insane act that will affect many, many lives in the years to come.