or Connect

Posts by web monkey

If you're expecting it to taste like pizza crust, yes, it needs to rise. With no rise, you'll essentially get matzoh (or communion wafers for the "jewish-imparied" 8-) ). It will be flat and hard and more or less flavorless.Are you trying to make pizza dough and having a problem?Terry
I wasn't suggesting setting the laptop down on the grill; printing the recipes is generally more kitchen-friendly. 8-)Terry
"Wanting to do everything yourself" is the sign of a perfectionist who doesn't beleive anybody else could perform the task as well.Whether this is a great aspect of your personality or a mental disorder depends on whether or not you can handle delegating the tasks to others when you do have qualified help. If this is really eating at you and you find it impossible to delegate, I'd suggest talking it over with someone to find out why, and how to fix it. You'll never be able...
Is that really a requirement? My writing is terrible and cards are much harder to edit. I'd have more luck with a recipe from memory than from little cards. My actual preference is to keep them on my computer.As for getting you to look at it, can't they just say "Everybody has to read the recipe before cooking . . . "?Terry
Yes. It's only you.Just kidding. A well written virus is well behaved to avoid detection and you'll never know it's there. If you saw the popup, you're probably not infected.The stuff that pops up and says "You're infected, download this" is actually trying to get you to infect your own computer because it's incapable of doing the job by itself.Hit Alt-F4 to close the popup (never click any of the buttons provided on a suspicious form), and you might consider enabling the...
I use my knife for minced and a mortar and pestle to liquefy when making guacamole or garlic oil (for pizza).I've used presses and actually like them, but gave up after breaking several in a row,Terry
Yeast is alive, but like most other other living things is only happy in a limited rage of conditions.Whether or not your yeast does it's thing depends on if it was alive to begin with, but also on the chemical and physical properties of what you're putting it into and the physical (temperature/humidity/etc.) conditions where it's rising. If it's added to a solution that's too acid or alkaline or hot or cold or contains too much sugar or not enough sugar or any of a...
With this.As long as Home Depot has 1x12 oak, eye hooks and chain, and I have wall perimeter, I've got room for more books. You can run this around the entire house if you want, since very few people will hit their head on a shelf that's almost 7 1/2' off the ground.An added benefit is that some stainless rod and eye hooks get you space for all those utensils that never seem to find a good home.Terry
It's a scam. If you're friends with the local police, you might be able to do the world a favor and have whoever picks up the cake arrested.Terry
Maybe you did a perfect job on something that wasn't what he was looking for.Maybe you did a bad job on what he was looking for. Maybe he just didn't like what you made. I sent back what may have been a perfectly cooked piece of duck because it was raw inside. Raw poultry just grosses me out. The cook swore it was perfect. I don't know. Maybe it was. The last duck I had was roasted with crispy skin and a nice orange sauce and it certainly wasn't bleeding. Maybe it was ...