or Connect

Posts by marmalady

Why don't you want any color in the solution? Agree with BDL, your marinade needs more flavor, and there aren't many herbs/spices that will give you that without adding some color.
make your slaw w/vinegar instead of mayo, and add some cooked pureed tomatillo, cilantro, and a little of whatever hot you like. Top w/FF onions for crunch.
Have no clue, but just googled 'agave candy recipes' and got lots of information - good luck!
I'm with cape chef on using roasted tomatoes instead of V8. Also, dry fry your spices instead of sauteeing them in with the onion. The spice measurements - are they teaspoons or tablespoons? I'd be using at least a tablespoon of cumin and oregano in a soup with these proportions. I'd also lose the bleu and parm cheeses, but that's just me. :) Maybe serve it with fried tortilla strips, cilantro and avocado garnish?
There are so many great newer chocolates out there to work with, was just wondering what favorites you have. I've always used Callebaut and Valrhona (SP), but I'm seeing a few I'd really like to try!
Looking at your recipe, I see a few things - not enough fat; for 2 cups of flour, I use 1/2 cup butter or shortening. And 4 Tablespoons of baking powder seems like an awfully lot (I'll have to look at other recipes - I use self-rising flour and add 1/2 tsp baking soda, as I use buttermilk for the liquid). Also the instructions, re 'stirring' in the milk - once you have the butter cut into the dry ingredients (you want pea-size lumps of butter visible in the dough),...
I think there is still a lot of opportunity in restaurants - depending on where you live, and if you're willing to relocate. For example, here in Charleston, SC, the restaurant industry appears to be hurting for qualified help, since Johnson/Wales closed. The restaurant help wanted ads are very plentiful, especially now that tourist season is gearing up. And despite the economy, new restaurants are opening up all the time.
'southwestern succotash' w/black beans, corn, scallions, diced red/green peppers, some diced jalapeno if you like, and cilantro - dress w/oil, sherry vinegar, lime juice, cumin, mexican oregano, garlic dressing.
Yep, I know what ya' mean! And even the big, 'sexy' jobs get boring when you have to do it over and over. Keep remindin' them how boring the unemployment line can be. !;)
Just reread your original post, where you said your employees are getting bored. Well, um, gee - no matter what kind of production cooking/catering you're doing, the boredom factor is there just because of the repetitive nature of what you're doing. It just comes with the job. Is there anything you could do to make it 'more fun' for your employees? Like having a contest to see who gets the most done in x amount of time? But, bottom line is that the boredome factor is...