or Connect

Posts by KYHeirloomer

I agree with all BDLs points. That's a retro recipe at best.   But even within that context, when did any professional chef cut the lettuce? Romaine is always torn.   I'm also a whole-egg guy. What purpose is served with yolks only? Coddling or poaching are more modern approaches, used by folks who are concerned about food safety. Personally, I think thy go overboard in that direction, and I don't hesitate to use raw eggs.   Although probably not authentic, I...
That's a hard choice, ChefHow.   I haven't eaten at London, but the menu looks spectacular. And folks I know who have eaten there rave about it.   On the other hand, you could go a long way, and do a lot worse, than the Chef's Tasting menu at Le Bernardin. In the interests of full disclosure, keep in mind that Eric Ripart is one of my favorite chefs, and that might be affecting my opinion just a wee bit.   Fact is, too, that at that level restaurant, you'd...
>In my position at work I get to throw specials together so I was kind of thinking in terms of others coming into the restaurant.. how could I cook the meats to interest others that aren't as familiar with game. <   Whoa! Don't do it!   I somehow missed this post; possibly because ours crossed at the time.   It is illegal to sell wild game in this country. Waterfowl, particularly, are a big target, and if word goes out the Feds will be visiting you. Fines are...
I product such as you describe would more likely find a niche in the foodie, serious home cook arena than in the professional marketplace.   That said, marketing will be your big concern. Keep in mind that you're talking about a product most home cooks are unfamiliar with (i.e., carbon steel), or, for those who are, see no reason to coat it in the first place.   So, your job is two-fold. First, provide a climate of acceptance for the product. Second, promote its...
That occured to me while cogitating, Margcata. But you did say just three, and that's pretty limiting. But for an addition, there's no doubt in my mind that Gypsy Rose Lee would round out that particular foursome.   Ever notice that as journalists we love asking these questions, but hate answering them?   Don't know how it is with you, but I never liked being interviewed. It's rough when the shoe is on the other foot.
I would want people of ideas, who also appreciated good food and good conversation.   A group such as Thomas Jefferson, Oscar Wilde, and Buckminster Fuller would satisfy my criterium.   While I would love to cook for them, I also wouldn't want to miss a word of the discussions. So I think I'd have somebody else do the cooking, to a menu that I put together. Either that or a tasting menu from one of the great chefs of our time, because a diversity of food flavors...
Wish we had a pix.   Keelenorth, how deep is it compared to it's width? If it's shallow it might be a spider or some varient of it.   The baskets used for making nests usually come in hinged pairs.
but rarely has the time to make truly complicated or time consuming dishes   And just where is it written that you have to?   It's a common idea among less experienced cooks that complex, fancy dishes are necessary. More experienced cooks know that just the opposite is the case: simple dishes, made with the best ingredients available, really go over best.   Simplicity is even more important for someone like you, who has limited equipment...
You have quite a nice repertoire of interesting concoctions Ky.     Not me, Margcata. The faux Wocestershire recipes were posted by IceMan. I just remarked that the second one would be closer in taste, based on the ingredients.
IceMan, have you made both of those? I would guess, from the ingredients, that the second would be closer in taste to Wocester???