or Connect

Posts by wtdedula

Hello; Thanks for all of your helpful responses. I like greenawalt87's suggestion the best with his recommendation to try frying in Olive Oil which according to almost all health professionals is the healthiest oil available. I was hesitant to try it since I thought it would alter the taste too much this is why I posted the original message to see if anyone had any experience using a healthier oil to deep-fry onion rings. Regarding siduri's response, I agree it's OK...
Hello All; I have a question for all of you health enthusiasts out there :-) I picked up the book "Livin Low Carb" by George Stella, one of the chef's on the Food Network. In his book, he has a recipe for Low Carb Deep Fried Onion Rings. Onion Rings have always been my favorite but off limits since I started eating healthy ... up until now, that is. In this recipe, George uses Soy Flour instead of white flour and if you read the reviews, there isn't a single bad review...
Hello ... I ust thought you'd like to know how things turned out. The answer is Better than GREAT . I found great instructions on the internet that others may want to take note of ... http://homecooking.about.com/od/turk.../blturkey6.htm Was tender, not dry and full of flavor due to the spices (Thyme, Sage, Kosher Salt, and freshly ground black Pepper) and oil I put on it at the start of the cooking cycle. I didn't use a cooking bag, bubbamom but I suppose the tin...
Hello All; Today is my mother's birthday and by her request, I am cooking a turkey dinner this afrternoon. I cook Turkey dinners all of the time around Thanksgiving where I cook the whole bird but this time, I want to try to buy a big Turkey Breast instead which I've never done before. I want to have Roast Turkey, with dressing (I have a good recipe I use) as well as scalloped potatoes, and some green vegetable, and a garden salad. Does someone have some tips on how...
That's interesting, Austin; I have never had minestrone soup with italian sausage in it but it does sound like it would go good with it. Also, I don't recall if any of my recipes used chicken stock. It is possible but the actual recipes I've tried to make didn't use any - probably because I try to stay away from store-bought "too salty" chicken stock. So far, all of the recipes I've tried only use Tomatoes in some variety, vegetables, and some spices though so far all...
Hi All; Shel - Yeah ... I know there are a gizillion chicken noodle soup recipes but only one comes from CiCi's ! Seriously, though ... Thanks for the recipe. I will print it out and give it a try after I make Minestrone Soup out of your Tomato-Vegetable broth. I think I'm going to try it tomorrow. I found all of the incredients you specified in your recipe. Austin - I will probably try your soup first and then Shel's second just because it is different than I usually...
I prefer Subway and Chipotle because they are both fairly healthy places to eat. Also, the few times I prefer a burger, I don't think Wendy's is that bad ... since they are just a few houses down the street from me. I like to only get salads, or their chili, though. Two places I will never go to in my entire life are McDonalds and KFC. The mere thought of KFC gets me sick as the last time I went there (Well over a year and a half ago), there was grease dripping off my...
Hello All; Since I see some folks are asking for Pizza recipes, I thought I'd make a restaurant recipe request too. My Cici's Pizza chain in Ohio recently started serving chicken noodle soup though I assume this rollout was chain-wide all around the country. I don't know how they do it but their soup is so good and I would buy it by the bucketfulls if it wasn't for the fact that it is so very heavily salted. They make it with ONLY White meat chicken (Ie. no dark meat)...
About 4 years ago, I ate in a restaurant in North Carolina and had the most delicions chicken dish I have ever eaten in my life. I asked the waitress for the recipe and she refused to give it to me but she told me to go home and look for recipes for "Jerk Chicken". At that time, I have never heard of jerk chicken but now I know all about it. I don't think I could even describe the dish now since it has been soooooo long so I need to go back there some time. If I could...
Thanks again for the additional tips, Shel. I will see how many I can find at my local stores around here and will ask you if I have difficulty. I also shop at a few organic food stores (Including Trader Joes) so I may have pretty good luck in finding things. Thanks for the info. on the pepper grinder. I see chef's on the food network using one all the time so I know you have something there. If you've been following my discussion about a professional meat slicer, you'd...