or Connect

Posts by nancya

Congrats Chrose! If I've learned nothing else...I've learned that you can make it through things you never thought you could. Amazing how the time passes and life returns to "normal." Here's wishing you many more anniversaries! Nancy
.....and I heard him exclaim as he rode out of sight...Happy Christmas to all and to all a good night! Much love to you Athenaus!
Thank you all so much! What a warm place this community is! No Chrose...I never do things half way. They thought I would lose the leg but not only do I still have it but it still works. Just not weight bearing until after reconstructing my knee. Momo...I slipped on some ice. The image of going down with my leg bending.....urf. Let's just say I wish I didn't remember. I am not one who is very good at taking it easy. Now that I can move about again I'm rolling...
I disappeared again but this time I have a good excuse...I fell 11/04 and have been hospitalized ever since. Tore all the ligaments in my knee and the popiteal (sp?) artery. It has been a long road to rehab and it will be another couple months before the surgeons will reconstruct the knee. I only have limited access to a computer but I wanted to say hi and wish everyone here happy holidays! Nancy
Missouri Jonathons (not Washington State Jonathons). They are crisp, tart, and taste the way an apple should taste ....okay, perhaps I'm biased. As far as I know, however, there hasn't been a really good crop in several years.
Late, I know...but I'm adding my vote for slow-roasted sticky turkey. It takes about 8 hours for a 10 pound bird...but I have never had better turkey and I will never scortch a bird at 350° again! Stuffing, if absolutely needed, cooked on the outside. Sure....and now I'm craving turkey....
Dear Isabelle, I've been wondering where you are...I miss you! Please, please feel better soon. Nancy Autumn The leaves are falling, falling as if from afar, as if withered in the distant gardens of heaven; with nay-saying gestures they fall. And in the nights falls the heavy earth from all the stars into loneliness. We are all falling. This hand there falls. And look at the other: it is in all of them. And yet there is one, who holds all...
I love dream analysis....haven't had the chance to play with someone's head for a while....:D Freud is the easiest...you know what he would say, right? This is still a family board so I can't be explicit, but I mean...the shrimp alone are pretty obvious. Jung would say that each of the components of the dream represent parts of you. You start with an apparent frustration - not wanting to/not being able to afford the frat (cognistive dissonance) so you find...
PCOS is very common within the type II diabetic community. They appear to be closely related - and doctors are treating non-diabetic women with glucophage as PCOS is being more or less considered a pre-diabetic symptom. Here is more information than you probably want on PCOS: Click Me [aside] One of the nice things about this research, as well as research into impaired glucose tolerance or insulin resistance, is that the medical community is now admitting...
Dear Jett....I've always been bad at pie crusts...until Isabelle's French Pie Crust recipe... French Pie Crust It worked really well for me...best of luck to you!